Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 vs Sig 320

HK VP9 vs Sig 320

I read on another thread here that the HK VP9 Sig 320 and a Walther??? were approximately the same in the trigger department. As I haven't seen much about the Sig 320 I went online searching for reviews and it seems like the Sig 320 trigger is liked more than the HK trigger when they are shot side by side. I was wondering if anyone from this site had the opportunity to shoot them side by side on a timer and if so what the thoughts were.

I will say, as soon as they come out in .45 ACP, I'll be all over it.

The HK VP9 or the Sig 320 ?

Has to be the 320.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    320. It will be a decade before the VP45.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Infidel! Brand S???

Better keep that quiet over there on HKPro…

Haha, LSP972's right. You'd better be careful gtmtnbiker98 they'll disown you. Heck you might even be burnt at the stake.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Interestingly, a VP40 and VP45 are listed on the Maryland State Police website.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Interestingly, a VP40 and VP45 are listed on the Maryland State Police website.
    huh?

I haven't been lucky enough to actually lay hands on a VP9 yet, so I can't do a direct comparison. I've been a Glock shooter for several decades, though, so I'll compare the P320 that I dry fired at the LGS to that.

The P320's trigger is DISTINCTLY heavier "breaking" than the Glock - the sample I played with had light, smooth take up (not as "springy" feeling as the Glock), then a DEFINITE wall that broke cleanly, but heavily. I didn't notice much if any overtravel.

Reset on the P320 is sick - VERY short, positive both in feel and in sound. If you're a "ride the reset" type of shooter, you will LOVE this trigger. Honestly, I didn't think anyone could beat Glock in the reset game, but the P320 is definitely "better" than the Glock in this aspect.

If the P320 Carry was closer in grip length to the G19, I'd have already bought one. But, that extra 3/10" in grip length worries me - it's not much shorter than the P30 that I found to be just "bigger" enough to be a PITA to conceal...

Regards,

Kevin

User Tag List