Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 vs Sig 320

Quote Originally Posted by crossrifles View Post
    This is a stock P320 full size in 9mm, HD night sights. Running 124gr rounds. I think you'll be happy with your results.
    The high bore axis doesn't seem to be slowing you down much.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    The high bore axis doesn't seem to be slowing you down much.
    I honestly don't think it can be considered an issue for me. I've often heard it's a problem but there's really no data to show otherwise. I remember watching a manufacturer showing a video of recoil to show how their pistols degree of muzzle rise was the least, due to low bore axis. It looks great, but more important is the shooters capability to control the recoil. Think back to Ernest Langdon at the 2003 IDPA nationals using a Sig P220. Yes I understand Mr. Langdon's skill level is among the best. I think understanding the control of recoil (using grip) and how well the gun tracks allowing for fast follow up shots is far more important than bore axis.
    Last edited by crossrifles; 02-21-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crossrifles View Post
    I honestly don't think it can be considered an issue for me. I've often heard it's a problem but there's really no data to show otherwise. I remember watching a manufacturer showing a video of recoil to show how their pistols degree of muzzle rise was the least, due to low bore axis. It looks great, but more important is the shooters capability to control the recoil. Think back to Ernest Langdon at the 2003 IDPA nationals using a Sig P220. Yes I understand Mr. Langdon's skill level is among the best. I think understanding the control of recoil (using grip) and how well the gun tracks allowing for fast follow up shots is far more important than bore axis.
    That makes sense. I have seen an accomplished shooter shoot a p226 9mm with extremely fast splits and good accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    That makes sense. I have seen an accomplished shooter shoot a p226 9mm with extremely fast splits and good accuracy.
    Me too!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Bore axis, another one of Gaston's brilliant marketing ruse's.

Reviewer of the Tools
    If H&K ever releases a P30L length VP9, or even a Glock 34 length model, I won't the able to resist buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    If H&K ever releases a P30L length VP9, or even a Glock 34 length model, I won't the able to resist buying one.
    If history is a guide, you might be in for quite a wait.

How hard is it to go from a VP9 to a Sig P320c. We are ordering custom Sig P320c's for this deployment and it would seem that the price point is lower than we originally thought. I am just wondering if anyone has gone from the VP9 or Glock 19 to a Sig p320c in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    How hard is it to go from a VP9 to a Sig P320c. We are ordering custom Sig P320c's for this deployment and it would seem that the price point is lower than we originally thought. I am just wondering if anyone has gone from the VP9 or Glock 19 to a Sig p320c in recent years
    I don't think Glock to 320 is a tough switch. Now in my case this was only a 800 round switch when I experimented with a 320 full size when they first came out. I did have a bit of an issue with my high thumbs preventing slide lock from time to time. But before I got that grip change wired I concluded it was not a game changer for me and I divested from it.

It hit index pointing a little differently than the Glock, flatter and lower. Returning to Glock I was way high for a very short spell. But not a big deal.

Grip, trigger, and hits were we least difficult part, with the above exceptions.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Glock to 320, only thing I found was at first I "felt" my recoil control suffered because I was used to using a much more aggressive support hand wrist angle with the glock. I had to adjust that a bit.

One thing I would encourage if possible is to actually get a chance to choose which grip frame works for each individual. It can make a difference for the large/small handed folks.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List