Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Twins are done......

The Twins are done......

I now have the mods complete on my pair of Beretta's. This consists of the following:
    Wilson Combat rear sight
    Low profile single-sided safety/decocker lever
    Short Reach Trigger
    Wolff Trigger Conversion Unit (reduced power)
    Wilson fluted steel Guide Rod
    VZ Tactical Slant Grips
    Wilson Extended Magazine Release
    19 pound 1911 hammer spring
    (The lint inside the trigger guard on the lower pistol is not a permanent modification.)

I really enjoy shooting this design and it's pretty well taken the place of the 1911 for me, for everything other than Bullseye competition. While installing the safety lever on pistol number two I lost one of the spring detents, not once but THREE times. I put the slide inside a plastic bag for the operation, but somehow the detent made it out of the bag of three occasions and went flying across the dining room. I was really sweating on the last attempt, as I knew there was no way the law of averages would allow me to find it a fourth time. Thankfully I was successful on the last go-round.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Very Nice!

I was thinking the P229 was a lot smaller. But after looking the height up on the M9A1 I was shocked ?

Good idea. I'm seriously considering following your path. As I get older, the desire to move from a 1911 in .45Auto to a light recoiling 9MM seems greater.

I remember when you made the move to the Beretta 92FS. In the intervening months Beretta has come out with different options. If starting over today, would you chose another model instead of the 92FS?

Nice blasters! I've never owned a Beretta, but with all the temptation............

Great looking pair of pistols.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Good idea. I'm seriously considering following your path. As I get older, the desire to move from a 1911 in .45Auto to a light recoiling 9MM seems greater.

I remember when you made the move to the Beretta 92FS. In the intervening months Beretta has come out with different options. If starting over today, would you chose another model instead of the 92FS?

The only thing I'd do differently would be going with the G model instead. When I bought the first pistol that option wasn't on the table. So, for the sake of commonality I stayed with the FS with the second gun. These are for CCW use, so no rails necessary. A range session of several hundred rounds is no longer a problem. With the 1911 that would send me looking for the pAin killers when I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Nice blasters! I've never owned a Beretta, but with all the temptation............
    You know you want one.

Thanks, Trooper224.

The identical pair is really a good idea and your pair of Beretta's really looks great.

How do you like the Wilson mag release? I've been wanting to pick one up but not if it sticks out too much; my lone experience with the Glock extended mag release left my support hand chafed.

Beautiful brace of pistols you have.

User Tag List