Thread: Eggleton Munitions

Eggleton Munitions

Looking to restock my supply of 9mm bullets for reloading and these caught my eye;

http://www.egglestonmunitions.com/9mm--380.html

Anyone use them, and are they a safe bet in a Glock OEM barrel?

TIA

Site Supporter
    I've always used Precision Bullets, www.precisionbullets.com for my non plated/FMJ needs.

Each barrel is different, and you'll need to try them to make sure they don't lead-up your barrel.

You'll also have to pay attention to powders, I'd recommend sticking with something that's generally used with lead bullets, to limit the smoke.

Hi-Tek coated lead bullets are available a lot of places now, which is what these bullets appear to be. It's a powder coating process that coats the lead and reduces the leading and smoke. It's also nice that they run through bullet feeders and don't gum up the press as much.

They are safe to load in Glock barrels, provided your loading practices are excellent and you don't scratch up the powder coating while loading. I've read of a few people that have had the coating come off in their barrels, which is difficult to remove.

Also, if you don't seat them exactly straight, you may scratch through the coating and the exposed lead will cause leading issues.

Missouri Bullet Co. and Bayou Bullets are the two I've used in the past but I still prefer jacketed.

User Tag List