Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mag Carrier Position

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Yay! No hairy belly pics! Those and hairy toes tend to make me wince a little.
    No shirt, no shoes, no service

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Works for me.
    Some of it may be lack of food blister pushing things around, but your setup looks to ride more vertical. That split loop would work well with those pants i had on today, but I have others it would be in the way.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    No shirt, no shoes, no service

Some of it may be lack of food blister pushing things around, but your setup looks to ride more vertical. That split loop would work well with those pants i had on today, but I have others it would be in the way.
    Thanks for the pics LOKNLOD!

I have two of them... I carry them a bit further out then the gentlemen here, pretty much riding in the crease of my leg at about 10:30 to 11. The angle allows them to flex and be completely comfy sitting or standing. My favorite IWB mag carrier.

What belt loops do you guys find to conceal better ?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've been using the canted aiwb carrier up front, just left of my belt buckle. There is a bit of a void there created by my holster pushing the belt line out. It tucks in there nicely.
    This is exactly what I do. Shaggy at 1230-ish and canted BMC at 11-ish. Works perfectly for me, and I like the canted carrier. Also, leaves plenty of room at centerline for the CP I finally have coming!

I have both a Persec systems and JM custom appendix type mag carrier. The JM cutom one works well for a shorter mag such as a G19 mag but rides to high for a G17 or extended mag. I use the Persec carrier with a 140mm magazine (g17+TTI extension) and it conceals well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Pictures please I'm wondering the same thing.
    I find this conceals better as instead of having a lopsided bulge it's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    What belt loops do you guys find to conceal better ?
    Soft loop with snaps are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    Soft loop with snaps are the worst.
    Depends on what they're mounted to. In many cases they stick out a good bit. I've been offering a soft loop with a screw and finish washer to have an unbreakable loop option that still offers the benefits of soft loops too.

Ultimately I think the G-Code style struts print the least but being open on the bottom and very flimsy many have ruled them out as a viable option. They print the least when used in the right location on the holster. The Incog appears to use them in the best places for the least amount of printing.

The FOMI clip popularized by Multi-Holsters does a solid job of not printing but they pose the same risk of falling off if used poorly.

Otherwise the molded kydex loops seem to be it, but they break. If the maker considers the grain they can last a good while and the reputable guys posting here replace then and offer spares.

So really it's all a compromise until a new attachment method comes out which may be soon.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

As for the JMCK AIWB-SMP and mag length:

I ended up doing a foam wedge kind of thing, extended a bit lower than the bottom of the carrier and wrapped with electrical tape. That eliminated a lot of the printing with longer mags, as this works off of the same principle as the extra tuck feature. My main problem with the carrier is actually the mags -- I've switched back to the stock 15-rd mags for reliability reasons, and the OEM P226 base plates are frigging sharp.

User Tag List