Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag Carrier Position

Mag Carrier Position

I was about to place an order from JM Custom Kydex for a holster and mag pouch.

The holster will be an appendix holster and I was debating on which mag pouch I wanted.

I was going to just get the normal clip on mag carrier to be worn at 9 o'clock but I didn't know if anybody had any experience with the appendix mag carrier that Tony offers?

Which do yall prefer and why?

Thanks

I got an AIWB mag pouch from Tony 6-8 weeks ago and I've been wearing it daily since. It's the love child of IPSC and concealed carry, and I mean that in a really good way.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I wear a clip on at ~9. Works just fine for all of my uses.

The one IWB carrier I have rides at 11:00, but it's terribly uncomfortable.

I've been using the canted aiwb carrier up front, just left of my belt buckle. There is a bit of a void there created by my holster pushing the belt line out. It tucks in there nicely.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LaOKNLOD View Post
    I've been using the canted aiwb carrier up front, just left of my belt buckle. There is a bit of a void there created by my holster pushing the belt line out. It tucks in there nicely.
    Pictures please I'm wondering the same thing.

Mag Carrier Position

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Pictures please I'm wondering the same thing.
    Here's an attempt. I threw on a fairly tight fitting t-shirt, shown both naturally draping and pulled tightly so you can see how everything prints at its worst. Apologies for the ubiquitous "bathroom mirror" pics.

I was probably mistaken in saying "left of my belt buckle" since I rotate the buckle to ~ 3:00 on my wilderness frequent flyer belt.

Top-down view:

This particular pair of pants has the loops a little further forward which crowds placement a little.

Edit to add: that is a grip-chopped G17 in a Keeper, and the spare is a G19 length as well.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I have a aiwb mag pouch made by jm kydex but prefer his single mag pouch with snap loop or a single mag pouch made by dale fricke carried at about 10 o'clock. I prefer the snap loop vs the canted pouch because it allows the mag the shift with my body

Thank you very much for the pics sir!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Here's an attempt. I threw on a fairly tight fitting t-shirt, shown both naturally draping and pulled tightly so you can see how everything prints at its worst. Apologies for the ubiquitous "bathroom mirror" pics.

Top-down view:

Yay! No hairy belly pics! Those and hairy toes tend to make me wince a little.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Works for me.

User Tag List