Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front sight paint??

Front sight paint??

I've seen a few of you have your front sights painted orange. Any special type or brand of paint that works best and holds up?

Sharpie paint sticks. Two coats of white, then a coat or two of orange.

I had a brief dalliance with "traffic cone orange" finger nail polish, but am back with Sharpie.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I used a couple coats of Testor brand "flourescent red" - which was actually more orange - on some Heinies, and it held up well.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I used a couple coats of Testor brand "flourescent red" - which was actually more orange - on some Heinies, and it held up well.
    I'm experimenting with a Testors fluorescent kit at the moment. Came with red, orange, yellow, green, blue. Recommendations online were to put down a white base coat, which I've done. Currently on my 3rd coat of yellow which looks fantastic. Will followup with a sealer tomorrow and test fire this weekend.

In the past I've used sharpie paint pens but I wanted something that was truly fluorescent. I saw krylon makes paint pens but I didn't find any local.

I've been pretty happy with fingernail polish for sight paint. It seems to be pretty hard when cured.

Like was said, a white base coat helps the color stand out more.

I'm rockin Maybelline Color Show. Porcelin Party (white, No 380) and Sweet Clementine (bright orange, No 210).

Degrease well first.

I've had really good luck with this stuff. Spray on a piece of cardboard and dab with a fine paintbrush. Durable and wipes clean.

+1 on fingernail polish. You can get some really gaudy colors, and a a lot of them have metallic sheen or glitter.

Here's a pic. Left: AmeriGlo Hacks. Right: my crappy paint job. Just be careful not to paint over the lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    +1 on fingernail polish. You can get some really gaudy colors, and a a lot of them have metallic sheen or glitter.
    Are you having luck with the metallic ones or the glitter?

I am currently using a "hot pink" called "downtown diva", recently a GF asked to borrow some for her toes!

User Tag List