Stage 4- 5 rds strong hand in 5 min
    Stage 5- 5 rds in 20 sec strong hand from the draw
    Stage 6- 5 rds in 10 sec strong hand from the draw
    Stage 7- 5 rds weak hand in 5 min
    Stage 8- 5 rds kneeling in 5 min
    Stage 9- 5 rds in 20 sec standing to kneel with the draw
    Stage 10-5 rds prone in 5 min
    Stage 11-5 rds in 20 sec standing to prone with the draw

Anyone shooting this? I shot a modified version of it a couple of times this weekend and it's a lot of fun. I scored 628/2X with a Gen3 G17 and 610/2x with a Gen4 G26.

Okie John

We used to shoot it once a month. The name of the drill is VERY accurate. Great drill if you want to really know how your fundamentals are working...

Site Supporter
    It's well named and that's a nickname for the official "700 Point Aggregate", which is an old time Delta/CAG course. Start out shooting it at 15-20 yards to develop some confidence and then move to 25 yards. It was envisioned around a well set up 1911, so some of the looser shooting striker guns will struggle to get there. When you can consistently shoot a 650/700 at 25 yards, your fundamentals are getting there.

I believe Pat McNamara uses a 500 point version in his classes in which the kneeling and prone stages (all four) are omitted.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I used to shoot it fairly often when I was restricted to 25 yards at my range. I modified it a bit so it only used 50 rounds to be a standard yard stick test for me. I still use my 50 round version occasionally when I want to see how I'm doing at distance. Last full 70 round one I show with my Beretta was a 613 about 3 years ago. I should go back and see if I have gotten any better.

Shot a version with Vickers this past weekend. Humbler indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Shot a version with Vickers this past weekend. Humbler indeed.
    Yup! I shot Vickers' version in his Advanced Pistol Class I was -8 for the entire drill. There were 30+ in the class and at the end Vickers asked if anyone was in the single digits. I raised my hand and most in the class thought my response was for the last stage and were kind of surprised that it was cumulative for all stages. To be fair Vickers version is easier than the original since a hit anywhere in the black on a B-8 repair center is -0. Larry told me I needed to use the scoring circles.

Northern Red runs the Humbler too. Since JD Potynsky and Kyle Defoor are buds and instructed together it's no surprise JD incorporates the drill. Funny thing was that all our scores were tabulated as we progressed through the stages but we never received our totals. I guess things got busy and I was not keeping track myself.

At PMac's classes, we shot the 50 round 500 point aggregate on 25 yd NRA B8 bull's at 25 yards: 10 shots freestyle (two handed) slow fire, two sets of 5 shots freestyle timed fire in 20 sec, 2 sets of 5 shots freestyle rapid fire in 10 sec, 10 shots strong hand slow fire, 10 shots weak hand slow fire. Minimum recommended score of 400, preferably over 450.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I am not sure I understand the logic of having 5 of the 11 tests having a 5 or 10 minute time allotment?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not sure I understand the logic of having 5 of the 11 tests having a 5 or 10 minute time allotment?
    Probably a legacy from NRA Bullseye shooting, like the 10- and 20-second stages.

Okie John

If foresee myself losing points in stages 6-7.

User Tag List