Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grip Compartment

Grip Compartment

The "storage area" is a large selling point for most of the modern aftermarket AR grips. What do people put in there?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I dont know what others carry, but a spare (complete) bolt head and firing pin seems like a good idea.

Besides being really comfortable for me to shoot, the thing I like about A-2 stocks is the butt trap for cleaning junk or spare parts etc. Wish there was a truly oiltight oil bottle to carry in there, the issue type little oil bottle leaked in the summer on me.
    Last edited by Malamute; 11-23-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I dont know what others carry, but a spare bolt head and firing pin seems like a good idea.
    That's what I've got in mine. A complete bolt, well lubed in the finger of a nitrile glove, a firing pin, and an extractor.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Probably a bolt cam pin and the cotter pin that keeps the firing pin in place would about round it out. Extractor spring, yeah, one of those too.

A buddy keeps a copy of his tax stamp in his. I have nothing cool to put in mine

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    The "storage area" is a large selling point for most of the modern aftermarket AR grips. What do people put in there?
    I have 123 batts in mine, which I've handed out to others a dozen times. I've never needed parts or cleaning supplies in a circumstance that a range bag wasn't available. For a great many folks, it's all much gimmick.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Tax stamp copies in my SBR's. A spare firing pin and extractor in my Daewoo. Spare complete bolt in my H&K 762.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-23-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    A buddy keeps a copy of his tax stamp in his. I have nothing cool to put in mine
    That's what I keep in mine...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Great question. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this, and due to obvious space constraints revisit the contents regularly. Right now, I am running with the following in my AR grip:

A photo reduced print out of the current DOW with Mr_White's mobile number written on it.
    A prototype Gadget.
    One HK TRS and the URL describing how to change it.
    One 147 grain G2 cartridge.
    One new Titan + light.
    Two Brenneke slugs.
    One Buffalo Bore .45 Super 230 FMJ-FP cartridge.
    The list of GM's I have beaten on a stage.
    A spare piece of fiber optic rod.
    A set of the latest cool Glock sights. (Last week the new Haley ones, and this week Big Dots).
    A reminder of which pistol YVK is gaming that week, and whether he likes the P30 or P30L better that day.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

batteries. A 123 and then a battery for my accupower.

User Tag List