Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Armorer Course?

GJM told me that he saw Ernest actually heat up a trigger bar and hammer it, forging a shape or something.

Where do I sign up for this? 'Cause after 30 min working with a Beretta slide, be it sights, levers or what have you, I really want to hammer the $#@& out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I feel your pain. During one recruit class, my predecessor at the FTU went full retard and insisted that we teach EVERY cadet how to detail strip and reassemble- properly- their issue S&W revolver. I BEGGED him to re-consider; nope.
    Holy. Cow.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I feel your pain. During one recruit class, my predecessor at the FTU went full retard and insisted that we teach EVERY cadet how to detail strip and reassemble- properly- their issue S&W revolver. I BEGGED him to re-consider; nope.

While I never considered seppuku during that ordeal, I damn sure wanted to open HIS guts up a few times… talk about the proverbial monkey and the football…

I take it that you refrained from telling him that real men detail-strip their S&W .357's left-handed and blindfolded out of concern that he would have thought that was a good idea also?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    GJM told me that he saw Ernest actually heat up a trigger bar and hammer it, forging a shape or something.

Where do I sign up for this? 'Cause after 30 min working with a Beretta slide, be it sights, levers or what have you, I really want to hammer the $#@& out of it.
    You got that half right. He definitely heat treated it, but the only hammering I recall was him on the plate rack.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You've just destroyed a very potent image in my head: Ernest forging a perfect trigger bar out of commercially available mediocrity. Thanks, bro.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=YVK;281008]GJM told me that he saw Ernest actually heat up a trigger bar and hammer it, forging a shape or something.

Where do I sign up for this? 'Cause after 30 min working with a Beretta slide, be it sights, levers or what have you, I really want to hammer the $#@& out of it

If the class is anything like this I'm in !

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

I recently had a firing pin break, so I had to learn how to take everything out of the slide. I found one reasonably useful video on Youtube and the first time it was a PITA, but now that I've done it a few times it's really not that hard.

Still, schedule permitting I'd be in on a Langdon class.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Holy. Cow.
    Yeah. I was getting dangerously homicidal before it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I take it that you refrained from telling him that real men detail-strip their S&W .357's left-handed and blindfolded out of concern that he would have thought that was a good idea also?
    Actually, he was a very knowledgeable and practical guy. He designed our semi-auto program, along with the concurrent semi-annual re-training program on those guns, and that was an extremely successful operation that made the department-wide transition, some 7-8 years later, rather seamless.

He just went off the deep end on that class; I never did figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I would be interested in the discussion on doing an class. As Todd says, it would take everyone having a beater gun that they did not mind taking apart several times and making mistakes on, not to mention the tools. I have no issues in teaching the G safety as i have gotten pretty good at taking that safety system apart and putting it back. If I remember correctly, the Beretta factory class included a 90 series Armorers tool kit. I have done that class twice as a student, once when i worked there and once when I was on the team years later.

I could have the conversation with Beretta about using their guns for the class. Maybe even hosting it at the Accokeek factory??? Don't get your hopes up!

Ernest

Sorry to keep digging some of these older threads but I was searching the forums and could not help but resurrect this one since we are in the golden age of Beretta 92 with the release of your LTT.

Just wanted to bring the discussion to the forefront. Even if a class is not a possibility. I would happily pay money for a high quality download video of Ernest walking through the important areas of consideration on a 92 and how to address them. I think it would be a great idea and again would be happy to buy a download of something of that nature.

User Tag List