Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left handed shooters and Glocks

I am left handed and my first Glock was a G17 Gen 4. I just did not like the shape of the Gen 3 frame in the palm of my hand. Although I have shot 1911 pistols most of my adult life using my trigger finger to release the mag, I switched the mag release on my new Glock to the right side and never looked back. I do use the extended "FBI" mag release. A Gen 4 with the mag release switched to the right side might just be the cure you are looking for.

Southpaw here too, no troubles with any mag release on any pistol GLOCK or others so far.
    The only mag release issues was sometimes leaning against a counter top or bench with stock glock G-21 in a duty holster sometimes pushed in the release. Learned to check it often and lean less.

Merry Christmas all and be safe. Mike

Site Supporter
    Lefty here with a 2nd Gen 19, 3rd 26 and 4th 17. Never had that problem and I use my trigger finger for release. I did find that a Blade-tech IWB holster that covered the mag release had enough flex in the plastic to release the mag when I sat down in the car.

User Tag List