Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: federal HST 147gr differences?

federal HST 147gr differences?

Anyone notice any differences in their 147gr HST 9mm and if this is of any concern worthy of checking into further. The cuts on the bullet jacket on my latest order are not as long or deep as my first order from approx 2 years ago that match all the pictures of the 147gr HST i've seen posted online such as this picture, the new ones are slightly shorter and less defined.
    Last edited by mag360; 12-17-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: clarity

They look just like the cuts on my 124gr standard pressure models.

Mag360, I just checked two lots of P9HST2 that I have on hand and readily available, one made in October 2010 and the other in December 2011. Both appear identical to what you showed in the pic.

I have 500 rounds on the brown truck due today that I snagged last week from Ammo To Go during a 5 minute window it was in stock. My remaining stock marked (Q43J488) on the box looks like the photo. I'll let you know this afternoon when it shows.

I have earlier and current production 147gr. HST and both look like your picture.

Update: Received my 10 boxes today. Picking randomly, I did find a few that were not a deeply scored both in depth and length. I don't have the background in ammunition production to make any meaningful statements about it. I'm not going to lose a minutes sleep over it.

I just picked up some 147 HST from SGAMMO last week, and I also noticed the cuts didn't go down as far as previous HST I've had.

I have a few boxes of Federal 124gr HST and the cuts aren't deep as in the picture above. Appears to be the same depth from nose to the base.

I cant make out the lot # that's printed on the tab. On the edge of the box it states FCC 2008 bar code is 29465 09462

Dug up an old pic of a previous HST bullet with longer serrations (top), compared to the current offering I have (bottom). I tried to get the lighting and everything similar for an accurate comparison, but pics were taken by different cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    Picking randomly, I did find a few that were not a deeply scored both in depth and length.
    Are the rounds within a given box the same, or do you mean the two types are mixed together in the same box?

Thanks for the pics, hurley. I'm very curious about the reason for this and if the ballistics between the two are very different.

User Tag List