Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class Review, Robbie Leatham

Robbie isn't subtle. Everything about him is bold, direct and provocative. "Jerk" doesn't mean jerk as commonly used, but rather work the trigger without delay. 180 degrees from squeeze.

After you have stopped the gun, aimed appropriate to the size of the target, then the only thing left to make the shot faster is to "jerk" (work) the trigger faster. Explained that way, he makes perfect sense.

A caution. This is my take on what Robbie said. You might go train with him and believe something different. That isn't bad, or to suggest one of us got it wrong. Robbie believes, as Ernest alluded to, that he is diagnosing YOU, as opposed to presenting a canned lesson plan. It is also why Robbir thinks the internet is not a great way to do technique, on account each person has different issues, different ways they learn best, and there is a dynamic of being able to touch. Sometimes Robbie grabs you like a bear (a nice bear) and moves you to illustrate his point. It is very effective in conveying something's words can not.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Come on Todd, let's go do a class with him soon!!!

I have spent three days on the range with Robby this year watching him teach, and it was great! I would do it again in a heart beat.

He is a GREAT teacher! Notice I said teacher, not instructor. Many and instruct, but he can really teach. As GJM says, he is a great diagnostician, probably the best I have ever seen.

I highly recommend going to a Leatham class if you can find one to get into.

Cheers,

Ernest
    Any chance of getting him to hold a class out in NoVA? I bet we could get a critical mass here...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Robbie believes, as Ernest alluded to, that he is diagnosing YOU, as opposed to presenting a canned lesson plan.
    Agreed 100%. Because what squeeze or "jerk" means to one person could mean something different to another person. We are using verbiage to describe things that are happening at a non verbal level. There is no "word" that can tell you how to pull the trigger correctly for a given shot.

Shooting is about what you see and what you feel. Not what you say or how you write.

Ernest
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Agreed 100%. Because what squeeze or "jerk" means to one person could mean something different to another person. We are using verbiage to describe things that are happening at a non verbal level. There is no "word" that can tell you how to pull the trigger correctly for a given shot.

Shooting is about what you see and what you feel. Not what you say or how you write.

Ernest
    At this rate, we may start calling you Ernest "Enos" Langdon!

Reading my previous post, my spelling is atrocious from the iPhone.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ernest
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At this rate, we may start calling you Ernest "Enos" Langdon!
    That is a very zen-like statement. It makes absolute sense while moving us to a higher level of enlightenment.

It would make a good tagline.

God Bless,
    David

Thanks for posting this. It certainly provides food for thought at the next range session.

Thanks for the review G. Like I said before, I have been wanting to shoot with Rob for 20 years, hopefully 2015 will be the year.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List