Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver article in MSW.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    We have 296's.
    I have two more beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Old Skool Tacticool would have you carrying a Colt's Detective Special to back up the K-frame because they eat out of the same speedloaders.
    Yeah, but the flip side of that is that many Old Skool Tacticool types viewed Colt revolvers as The AntiChrist; I mean, they work BACKWARDS, y'herd? And, with the exception of that last-ditch effort Commando model, they were twice the price of a J or K frame.

I can still hear one of my old mentors' (RIP) comments whenever the subject came up:

"I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who owned a Colt revolver!"

That said… if I ever run across a pre-ejector-rod-shroud Agent, at a non-larcenous price, its mine…

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yeah, but the flip side of that is that many Old Skool Tacticool types viewed Colt revolvers as The AntiChrist; I mean, they work BACKWARDS, y'herd?
    I was teased mercilessly for a while about the time one of the sales staff offered me their revolver to check the timing, and I laid my fingertips on the cylinder, started to thumb the hammer back... and jumped. Visibly.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

ScotchMan thanks, thats a nice list.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I may be off my rocker, but I've had my j frame lock up on me more than once. Fixing it was much more convoluted than tap rack bang.

Besides, the spirit of the exercise was to limit the variables to just the gun. I specifically mentioned that both clones had the same luck. So if one of me has the g19 FTE or whatever, then the other me gets struck by lightning. Because of that big hunk of metal, his hand burns to a crisp. As he lays there bemoaning his choice of weapon, the other, more steely eyed version of me walks over, says something cheesy but awesome, and corrects the number of me's in the universe.

[emoji41]
    Inventive reply , but I stand by my scenario. Perhaps you should consider a medium frame revolver as your primary gun and aG19 as your backup? Best of both worlds. Though honesty compels me to say that I have never had a single failure with either of my HKs using factory ammo. This somewhat amazes me based on my 1911 experiences.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    You and your clone run into each other in a dark alley. You both go for your guns and get off one quick shot. Neither of you cause serious damage to the other. The G19 jams. While you are reacting and tapping and racking, you are shot 5 more times by your clone. Who was it who said, "I prefer a revolver - for the first six rounds."
    You and your clone run into each other in a dark alley. You both open fire on each other. A flying saucer appears overhead and teleports the first six shots from each of your guns into the Danger Dimension of Planet Z. Your clone finishes you off with the remaining nine shots from his Glock.

I mean, while we're inventing scenarios...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Yeah, I know. I'll wait for his Glock to jam while you wait for the meddling aliens. Probably both equally improbable.

We can move this thread to Romper Room if that's what everyone desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    We can move this thread to Romper Room if that's what everyone desires.
    Thanks Jay.....this went from good to silly pretty quick.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

As someone who still will carry a three-inch DAO SP-101 in .357, I see the following advantages for the small-frame revolver:

1) Easier to conceal in an IWB than a service pistol (no surprise as one gives up anywhere from three to thirteen rounds). This is big during the summer months in casual clothing.
    2) Easier to manipulate for loading and unloading
    3) The draw is faster due to the shorter length of the pistol.

The disadvantages

1) For me, much harder to shoot the small revolver accurately and at speed. More recoil in a lighter gun with a smaller sight radius does not make for my best shooting.
    2) Harder to practice as shooting it is not pleasant in terms of my hands and ears. I have to make myself practice with the SP-101 versus having fun with a 1911 or P30.
    3) Much slower reloads that are harder for me to carry on my belt.
    4) The timer shows I am slower after the first five rounds, and I suck at tactical reloads with the SP-101. Suck so bad that I sometimes eject the loaded rounds instead of the empties.

User Tag List