Thread: Erik Lund Rock Star Drill

Erik Lund Rock Star Drill

Ten yards: IPSC or equivalent target.

Distance: 10 yards

Carbine: 2 mags loaded six rounds each

Pistol: 1 mag loaded with six rounds

Drill: Starting with the carbine at the low ready, on the beep, fire six rounds center mass, perform a bolt lock reload and fire six more rounds center mass, transition to the pistol and fire six head shots.

Scoring: Carbine shots must be in the A/C zone; head shots anywhere in the head count.

18 Seconds: Beginner
    15 Seconds: Average Joe
    14 Seconds: Solid Shooter
    12-13 Seconds: Good Shooter
    11-12 Seconds: Excellent Shooter
    10-11 Seconds: Great Shooter
    Under 10 Seconds: Rock Star
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Thanks for this, it was fun!

Stock Tavor using irons and concealed JM rifle mag pouch/G19 JM AIWB

The first two runs were just over 10 seconds (10.35/10.15). It took time to figure out the best way to draw from appendix concealed while slinging the rifle. Two runs later in the day(all warmed up! gosh I'm a cheater...) resulted in a 9.95 and then a 9.29. Pretty happy with that, but man I need that Aimpoint!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

The actual (original) drill is A zone only on the carbine shots, and with 10 rds per magazine. It was altered to make it more likely that class participants might make it:-)

User Tag List