Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Informative CCW Article

Informative CCW Article

Found this link via another forum I frequent. While written for LEOs, I though it presented some interesting insights for anyone who carries concealed. Even though I have worked very hard to CC discreetly, I realized I have more "tells" than I thought, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

http://www.policeone.com/pc_print.asp?vid=2144601
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

That is an excellent article! I liked it enough to blog about it.

Really should be mandatory reading for CCW holders and LEOs.

Thanks for posting it.
    #RESIST

That was refreshing. Great article.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Found this link via another forum I frequent. While written for LEOs, I though it presented some interesting insights for anyone who carries concealed. Even though I have worked very hard to CC discreetly, I realized I have more "tells" than I thought, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

http://www.policeone.com/pc_print.asp?vid=2144601
    It's great to read an article which provides NEW information that hasn't been rehashed dozens of times.

Thanks for sharing the great piece.

I agree it was good.

This one, not so much: http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issu...n-you-need-it/

Check your state statutes for a “Refusal to Aid Officer” statute. Discover if your state or province (for brothers and sisters in Canada) has one. Then consider adding this tool to your tool box when you need back-up “right now!” and there are no uniforms close.
    Really?

Dang!!! The author outed me on my fanny pack. Now what am I gonna carry my gold Taurus .25 with pearl grips in?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    Dang!!! The author outed me on my fanny pack. Now what am I gonna carry my gold Taurus .25 with pearl grips in?
    Go mexican?

Good Stuff, thanks for sharing. Police One puts out a great newsletter weekly, they also now have the famed Calibre Press.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Even though I have worked very hard to CC discreetly, I realized I have more "tells" than I thought, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.
    Oh, dear. I seem to be dressed like an off-duty cop. Hey, you know who I almost never read about getting mugged or otherwise pestered?

IMHO, it's not so bad to appear to be an off-duty cop. Although I will never impersonate a LEO, I don't mind if a bad guy thinks it a bad idea to take me or my family on for fear that I carry myself in a way that indicates I'm potentially armed.

User Tag List