Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington HTP 147 gr

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Only loads available on the list, currently, in 9mm is the 147gr Golden Saber and Critical Duty +p. In my experience, recoil is like any other 9mm load... Not that bad.
    Thanks for sharing,guess I'll order some GS

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    Funny you should mention sgammo, that's where I order all of my ammo,I'm looking for something on the "list" for my wife's xds that doesn't kick like a mule,got her some Critical Defense since I don't foresee her getting into a gunfight(wrong weapon for that) and in my own tests they expanded through an old car door and a 2x4(albeit not the prettiest),do you happen to know if the 147 gr Golden Saber is like for recoil? I tried some standard pressure Critical Duty and it kicks noticeably more than the 115 gr stuff.
    I broke my middle finger and dislocated my pinky. Right after buying a New Pistol aka HK P30S 9mm

I could tell a big difference between standard pressure 147gr and standard pressure 124gr.

The standard pressure 124gr has less impulse.

If you are looking for low recoiling 9mm loads check out
    Barnes 115gr +P loaded by Barnes . Its on Doc`s list!
    Federal Tactical Bonded 124gr standard pressure load. Its on Doc`s the list!
    Federal tactical 124gr HST standard pressure load. ( not on docs list although penetrates BG more than HST124+P that is one the list)
    Speer Gold Dot standard pressure 124gr ( not on the list)

My hand is better now. The Remington Golden Saber Bonded 124gr+P & Winchester Ranger 124grT +P aint so bad

I m using the GSB for now . Also seen a 4layer test using a 9mm pistol with a 2.7 inch barrel and the GSB 124+P expanded pretty well.

The only issue I have with some of the loadings mentioned is that they are so low recoil that I'd worry about the gun not working.

That Barnes in particular is VERY low recoil, noticeably less than lighter loaded ammo such as WWB 115gr ball.

The 124 gr Gold Dot, 124 gr HST, 135 gr Critical Duty all work OK--they are not on the list because the +P versions of the same bullets are slightly better.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The 124 gr Gold Dot, 124 gr HST, 135 gr Critical Duty all work OK--they are not on the list because the +P versions of the same bullets are slightly better.
    Ok thanks!

So would you prefer the standard 124 gr HST or is the 115 gr Critical Defense acceptable for up close encounters? the HST is available in 50 round boxes at my LGS

Doc: Thanks. This is useful information as my hands and wrists age.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    Grrr it went into my spam folder! Wanna sell a few boxes? Lol
    I didn't even get a few lol. One box to run through the gun, one box to load the mags with.

User Tag List