View Poll Results: What is the next step?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Send the gun back to SACS

18 56.25%
  • Obtain and try out a few other magazines

4 12.50%
  • Try a variety of different JHP rounds (although I strongly prefer the Fed 135 +P)

2 6.25%
  • Change out the recoil spring

4 12.50%
  • Other (please specify)

4 12.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New SACS Warren 9mm 1911. Inauspicious beginnings.

The 10-round Metalform magazines also worked for me, although soon after I completed the test at least of one mine started failing to lock the slide back on empty.
    Mine, too. Both from the first production run to a later purchase. New springs did not fix them.
    I rebuilt the first set with Metalform round .45 followers laboriously ground to fit the 9mm tube - they would not sell me .38 Super round tops - and fresh springs; omitting the rear spacer. (Why didn't they make the 10 x 9mm with the Front Ramp like the 9 x 9?) The next batch I messed up a follower and got tired of applying file and Dremel so I just bought .38 followers and springs from Tripp. In spite of the extra space, 9mms feed just fine.

Now I just get Tripps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Take the slide off and look down the well under a strong light. There have been disconnectors hanging out into the well, also narrow or bent trigger bows dragging.
    It was the left side of the trigger bow protruding into the mag well and dragging against the side of the mags. I took the gun apart and oh-so-carefully spread the two sides apart, now they drop free just fine and the trigger pull was unaffected. Now to get a few more Metalforms and start testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Palisut View Post
    It was the left side of the trigger bow protruding into the mag well and dragging against the side of the mags. I took the gun apart and oh-so-carefully spread the two sides apart, now they drop free just fine and the trigger pull was unaffected. Now to get a few more Metalforms and start testing.
    Hopefully the sights not being regulated and the trigger bar dimensions are the only fleas you'll have to deal with. A 9mm 1911 is a lot of fun to shoot.

User Tag List