Thread: Movement and Tueller drill

Movement and Tueller drill

From Tactical Moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inx6qnVVP4w

Some very interesting stuff in there.

Good stuff. We teach all the same stuff. The circling movement is exactly how my partner won a close range gunfight when we were ambushed.

An added thing to the Tueller drill. One of the things they emphasize at ITTS on their outstanding knife attack simulator is that 21 feet requires you to be "perfect". Perfect threat assessment, perfect draw, perfect grip and clean movement. In reality, this is not likely and the distances start pushing to 10-15 yards as more realistic.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Good stuff. We teach all the same stuff. The circling movement is exactly how my partner won a close range gunfight when we were ambushed.

An added thing to the Tueller drill. One of the things they emphasize at ITTS on their outstanding knife attack simulator is that 21 feet requires you to be "perfect". Perfect threat assessment, perfect draw, perfect grip and clean movement. In reality, this is not likely and the distances start pushing to 10-15 yards as more realistic.
    How would you address background and no-shoots as well?

Thanks

On one of Kelly McCann's VHS tapes was the first time I saw movement while drawing to change the dynamics of the Tueller drill.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Last fall, we ran this with several of our instructors during our own in-service training. Granted, we had only one younger & fast guy there. Consistently, even with knowing, as a group we were at 10 yards plus.

All of the theories seem sound, and the demonstrations look good, but if you watch enough dash cam or security cam videos, it's easy to see that it is not always that clean. You might be good/lucky, or not...

User Tag List