Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a five-inch thread?

How about a five-inch thread?

We have three and four inch threads, so how about moving it up to five?

I'll start with a Colt Amy Special .38, manufactured in 1919.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Smith & Wesson Model 544 Texas Wagon Train Commemorative. Five-inch N-frame in .44-40; 4782 manufactured in 1986 to commemorate the Texas Sesquicentennial. One of my favorite revolvers; I've sat on a friend's porch in Terlingua and used it to shoot at rocks rocks out around a hundred yards. Good times, good times.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

That is an absolutely beautiful revolver. I didn't know that Smith had made anything in 44-40 in the last 50 years.

Tamara, you win the contest on style points alone.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

My late Dad's 5-in. Pre-27 he bought after getting out of AF briefly in '52 after first combat tour in Korea, along w a new Colt's .38 Super, Model 70 .270 and Model 12 12 ga. At some high-end gun store in San Francisco. He did roofing for a couple months then decided he'd rather face death than keep roofing.

On his second tour he was in same outfit inserting and exfiltrating assets for another brand-new service called the CIA into North Korea and China. Because of the duties he had a "go out hard" philosophy which included, judo lessons in Japan and carrying the "Three-Five-Seven", the .38 Super, a Grease Gun and an M2 Carbine in his flight kit.

It has honest wear and patina, hate the Pachmayr Grippers he put on it; hoping to find the Magnas somewhere in the house and put a T- grip on there with them.

This was a couple years ago, when I was hoping to show it to a Tenn. Whitetail.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 12-06-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Typo

That thing is awesome pal. Funny how many of those old heavily used for real 27's have the old Pachmayers on them. It's how my Registered magnum cam as well. Maybe the old timers knew something.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If I'm doing any serious shooting the goodyears get installed. I'm not particularly recoil sensitive but work induced carpal tunnel prevents me from enjoying much shooting with wood grips in any caliber larger than .32 Magnum.

I'm out of this thread, I'll have to wait for the 6" thread and 8" thread. :-)

here is an old 44 I used to own. shoulda keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That is an absolutely beautiful revolver. I didn't know that Smith had made anything in 44-40 in the last 50 years.
    There is one on gunbroker now if interested...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=455791510

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    My late Dad's 5-in. Pre-27 he bought after getting out of AF briefly in '52 after first combat tour in Korea, along w a new Colt's .38 Super, Model 70 .270 and Model 12 12 ga. At some high-end gun store in San Francisco. He did roofing for a couple months then decided he'd rather face death than keep roofing.

On his second tour he was in same outfit inserting and exfiltrating assets for another brand-new service called the CIA into North Korea and China. Because of the duties he had a "go out hard" philosophy which included, judo lessons in Japan and carrying the "Three-Five-Seven", the .38 Super, a Grease Gun and an M2 Carbine in his flight kit.

It has honest wear and patina, hate the Pachmayr Grippers he put on it; hoping to find the Magnas somewhere in the house and put a T- grip on there with them.

This was a couple years ago, when I was hoping to show it to a Tenn. Whitetail.

[IMG][/IMG]
    My dad had one of those. It was gorgeous, with years of wear and very little blue left. I learned to shoot on that and a 4" Kit Gun. About 20 years ago, he sent it back to S&W and had them replace the 5" barrel with a 4" barrel and refinish it. I'm still sad about it.

Okie John

User Tag List