Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No No- win scenarios

We are diminished
    Let's get back on track with the thread topic, please, gentlemen. Thank you...

Man, Dad comes back and kills the fun.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Mr. Pink also did a great win on a no win (the other 47 of us did not win)...
    Great point...the reason I did great, was because I had been exposed to a similar "No-Win" and lost. NEVER again!

It was a good drill, but I only wish they had ran everyone through it again, so they could use what they learned to WIN that same scenario.

A common sentiment at least from our 17 folks...

The only time I think that a No-Win is good, is giving folks a realistic gut check that putting a uniform on and going in harms way means that you may need to take one for the team. Some people are not cut out to move to the sound of gun fire, and it's much better that they, and their entity know this prior to it being real. And even then, the loss needs to have a win associated with it - I.E. Officers A and B died, but the school was emptied during their delaying action or whatever. I guess that is not a true no win, so yeah I don't like no win situations with no other redeeming values.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I don't like no win situations with no other redeeming values.
    Great minds think alike!

I think in the proper context no win scenarios have a lot of value, maybe not in a FoF scenario but in the events leading up to one. I've found myself in many no-win situations at work and wish that I had been better prepared to deal with them in training. The path to failure is usually littered with clues and warning signs, and being exposed to more of them in training would have been nice. Especially when it comes to recognizing and dealing peer and supervisory pressure where those that are absent from the danger are willing to sacrifice my life.

It's very easy in hindsight to look at many things I've done and realize that I was making stupid decisions, I put my ego and feelings, or fear of discipline ahead of being alive. Maybe if I had experienced the same abject failure or potential for failure in training I wouldn't have made the same decisions on the street.
    <---Hates smart phones and kids on his lawn.

User Tag List