Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New LWD Competition Glock Trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    A trigger with no wall, like an M&P
    JV, I am just asking what the perceived benefit is and how that is better than the OEM trigger. I don't understand what "no wall" means?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Same weight pull from start to finish, with almost no discernible point where the striker is let-go.

Perceived benefit? I like it better. I snatch it less on WHO/SHO.

I'm pretty sure Gabe could out-shoot me with any gun I chose, but that doesn't stop me from picking parts and gear that I think performs better in my hands.

Same weight pull from start to finish, with almost no discernible point where the striker is let-go.

Perceived benefit? I like it better. I snatch it less on WHO/SHO.

I'm pretty sure Gabe could out-shoot me with any gun I chose, but that doesn't stop me from picking parts and gear that I think performs better in my hands.
    So like a shorter, lighter pull DA trigger or a different feel?

Site Supporter
    Yea, like a shorter DA pull.

I really liked the DCAEK trigger in my M&P, I just wish the gun was more accurate and precise.

Since the title of your post mentioned "Competition", are you planning to use this trigger in either USPSA or GSSF matches?

Chris

We can dream, can't we?

The closest I've gotten to this was with a very well polished (mostly from heavy use) OEM minus connector and a NY1 spring with the coil spring removed - plastic piece only. It was damn near perfect, but I have trouble trusting that setup for a carry gun.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am curious exactly what folks are looking for in a Glock trigger, that is different/better than OEM parts with a minus connector?
    I've debated on a Guardian trigger from glocktriggers.com for awhile but I always spend money on other items. What do I expect from Apex's offering? No clue but I'm intrigued. I'm also very impressed with their M&P offerings, so I figured I'll try one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    but I have trouble trusting that setup for a carry gun.
    Agreed.

URL for LW part?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am curious exactly what folks are looking for in a Glock trigger, that is different/better than OEM parts with a minus connector?

Gabe shot 125 at Rogers with OEM parts, as did Bill Rogers. I have been getting sub four inch groups at 25 yards on the head box, support hand only, with OEM parts, and better groups at 100 with an OEM barrel and trigger, than I have shot with any other service pistol.
    Just to add an interesting data point:

I took Vogels class this summer and talked to him quite a bit about triggers. He is very picky and will describe the feel of a trigger in incredible detail. The trigger in his gun at the time was an OEM connector, stronger coil return spring, and softer striker spring. His guidance was to buy multiple sets of connectors, trigger bars, and trigger housings and mix and match until you find a good combo.

I put a mag through his 34 and honestly had a hard time telling the difference between my high round count 19 with an OEM minus connector and his "tuned" 34. I gave up screwing around with glock triggers after that class.

User Tag List