Thread: Lasermax for S&W J

Lasermax for S&W J

I like how the laser fits up front.

Anyone have any experience using one.

cost 149.00

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    $93 for red and $150 for green is a very attractive price, but I don't like the fact that it has to be manually switched on. When it comes to a j-frame, grip-activation is the only thing that makes sense to me.

If you decide to get one, make sure you check compatibility. It doesn't fit all j-frames (depending on your ejector shroud).
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

My thought on lasers on pistols is, if they aren't instinctively activated by a normal grip, they're worthless. Now, if they placed activation on the frontstrap, they may have something.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    My thought on lasers on pistols is, if they aren't instinctively activated by a normal grip, they're worthless. Now, if they placed activation on the frontstrap, they may have something.
    Agreed.

Any "pistol aiming emitter", whether laser, white light or infrared, that requires a secondary action (beyond gripping) to activate, is almost certainly useless in an urgently developing defensive setting.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    $93 for red and $150 for green is a very attractive price, but I don't like the fact that it has to be manually switched on. When it comes to a j-frame, grip-activation is the only thing that makes sense to me.

If you decide to get one, make sure you check compatibility. It doesn't fit all j-frames (depending on your ejector shroud).
    I like that the switch is located at front strap. Its the same with my light that's on my Primary AKA P30S/TLR-1.

I like to see a couple reviews before buying .

The only thing I don't like is buying new holsters . (pocket and a lefty IWB) I just bought a UNO for my M642 and the old Nemesis pocket holder still has lots of life.

The CT grips

My finger blocks the laser UNLESS I use the very tip. Hard under stress and using my left hand. so its a no go for me.

On the other hand the CT Defender is cool and another plus is that the button sits on the rights side of the frame and my fingers shouldn't block the laser.. Its perfect since I carry my M642 in front left pocket .
    I don't know if they make it in green.

Also thinking of replacing my TLR-1 for a 2G . Laser light on primary and laser on bug. sounds overkill LOL

CT Grips
    My finger gets in the way of the laser Unless I use the very tip. Kind a hard under stress and shooting with my left hand.

If they make the defender in green I might by them? A big + for me is that the activation / button is on the right side of frame. I carry a M642 in my left front pocket or sometimes IWB

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Agreed.

Any "pistol aiming emitter", whether laser, white light or infrared, that requires a secondary action (beyond gripping) to activate, is almost certainly useless in an urgently developing defensive setting.
    There are lots of lights/laser like TLR-1 / TLR-2 Surefire Ultra X200 X300 and so on ! That seem to work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I like that the switch is located at front strap. Its the same with my light that's on my Primary AKA P30S/TLR-1.

I like to see a couple reviews before buying .

The only thing I don't like is buying new holsters . (pocket and a lefty IWB) I just bought a UNO for my M642 and the old Nemesis pocket holder still has lots of life.

The CT grips

My finger blocks the laser UNLESS I use the very tip. Hard under stress and using my left hand. so its a no go for me.

On the other hand the CT Defender is cool and another plus is that the button sits on the rights side of the frame and my fingers shouldn't block the laser.. Its perfect since I carry my M642 in front left pocket .
    I don't know if they make it in green.

Also thinking of replacing my TLR-1 for a 2G . Laser light on primary and laser on bug. sounds overkill LOL

CT Grips
    My finger gets in the way of the laser Unless I use the very tip. Kind a hard under stress and shooting with my left hand.

If they make the defender in green I might by them? A big + for me is that the activation / button is on the right side of frame. I carry a M642 in my left front pocket or sometimes IWB

RETHINKING if shooting with my left hand my finger shouldn't be in the way of laser LOL.

User Tag List