Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Hizzie's old duty gun. Now wearing some new custom Nills. While this thing is useless in the competitive world, it is likely the high point of a police duty revolver. 1 of 50 4" Performance Center 681 Quad Port 7 shot .357 Magnum. I have a Sparks HSR for it. Simply a great full size shooter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Name:  25-54_zps25f5bf98.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  75.4 KB

25-5 I just traded into today. It's been a good friend's for years and another good buddy's before that. We had talked about me acquiring it for a couple years. Yesterday we were out shooting .45 Colts when he finally took pity and decided to swap it to me.

Great carry system for the 25-5. I use the same thing with mine.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

My pimp gun. 1905 HE .32 Long

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    (bites lower lip) Dat model 29...

You sir, may have just ruined every definition I ever had of what a beautiful gun is. Also, what sort of grips are those?
    The grips are Smith factory smooth targets, but I don't recall what wood. I don't think Walnut, maybe Goncala Alves, or Rosewood? I shortened them on the bottom, rounded the edges front and rear, and dished out a bit behind the trigger guard.

I'm liking this 4" 24 quite a lot recently also. I did a similar butcher job on the grips. I think the wood is Walnut on this one. It also has super high tech orange finger nail paint on the front sight, since it didn't come with the factory red ramp front sight.

Last edited by Malamute; 12-04-2014 at 11:54 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Colt M1878 Frontier, chopped at some time in the relatively distant past, if the work's anything to go by. I'm wanting to get it fixed up, but I haven't decided how far I want to go, which would determine to whom I wanted to send it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

You could send it to me. After I carried it around a bit, much the rust/patina would be gone from it.

BTW, cool old shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Hizzie's old duty gun. Now wearing some new custom Nills. While this thing is useless in the competitive world, it is likely the high point of a police duty revolver. 1 of 50 4" Performance Center 681 Quad Port 7 shot .357 Magnum. I have a Sparks HSR for it. Simply a great full size shooter.
    Dig those Nill Grips. I gotta get some pics of Grandpa's old duty weapon, a S&W Model 66. It is what I learned to shoot handguns with.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

.32 Hand Ejector First Model (before Smiths had an ejector thumbpiece; the cylinder released by pulling forward on the ejector rod. Also, the cylinder stop is in the topstrap and actuated by the hammer nose.)
    .38 Double Action Perfected Model (Top-Break that had both the "t-latch" on top, and a regular Hand Ejector style thumb latch. Both had to be released to open the gun.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

My competition gun. This is what I am doing most of my shooting and dry practice with these days. I actually love the heck out of this thing until I see the lock hole above the cylinder release and it makes me sad to see wear its soul leaks out. Out of the box stock with simply a dry practice trigger job (the best kind) and the C&S fiber optic front sight and the Nill grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List