Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Hmmm. This one is moving slower than the 3"er thread. I'll bump the post count with an old favorite of mine (GPNY):

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Hmmm. This one is moving slower than the 3"er thread. I'll bump the post count with an old favorite of mine (GPNY):

I briefly had one of the GPNY revolvers. It was a really neat gun and much better to shoot after I replaced the main spring with a lighter one from Wollf. A friend of mine wanted it more than I did so it has a new home now. I'm on the hunt for one of the 3" NY-64's now. :-)

Here's a 12-2 4". Quite easily the most accurate pistol I own.

My current duty gun, a Mdl 10-5 our oldest weapon in inventory. I tell my students/personnel that I carry it because if I can max out the Q course with this old hunk of junk they certainly should be able to qualify with all those newer guns. Actually the main reason I carry it is because of my aging eyes the larger front sight on a pencil barrel is easier to pick up at speed compared to the smaller ramps on the heavy barrel model 10's, 64's, and 65's.

That's the new style Safariland Model 200 Top Gun holster. Actually I preferred the older styles but we were short of holsters and as I have multiple times in my career gave mine out. What can I say, I am a S&W Safariland Snob.

At some point our Denver office had it refinished I have no idea what was used.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Cool 32!

My old 29. It has quite a few miles on it, with a lot of finish wear, but I love it.

(bites lower lip) Dat model 29...

You sir, may have just ruined every definition I ever had of what a beautiful gun is. Also, what sort of grips are those?

Mine-4" GP100 with a boatload of custom work performed (but still within the parameters of IDPA SSR), and my 4" Security Six, vintage 1978...

Best, Jon

Name:  686.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  49.6 KB 686 38 Super.
    Name:  IMG_0464.JPG
Views: 1645
Size:  50.5 KB S&W 25-2 45 ACP.
    Name:  pictures32008 002.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  45.6 KB S&W Model 15

We'll start with the back up to the Hebrew Hammer. 45 Colt 25-5 4" with custom Godzilla grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I briefly had one of the GPNY revolvers. It was a really neat gun and much better to shoot after I replaced the main spring with a lighter one from Wollf.
    Oyea. Wolff and some judicious stoning of the assembly on mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I'm on the hunt for one of the 3" NY-64's now. :-)
    Double Oyea.

3" NY-1 =

Bill that .38 Super 686 is the heat. One just came up for sale recently, but way too rich for my blood.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List