Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Sorry to hear about selling your 29. I tend to shoot mostly medium powered loads, but that still may not work for you. 44 spls are pretty mild also, though I seem to shoot the 1000 fps medium power loads most.

Not a great pic, but my only 4". Which is only mine for a few more days. Traded it for a 19-5 2 1/2" and some cash.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Cool 32!

My old 29. It has quite a few miles on it, with a lot of finish wear, but I love it.

This is still the most gorgeous revolver I've ever seen. Possibly the most gorgeous gun, period.

Cool 32!

My old 29. It has quite a few miles on it, with a lot of finish wear, but I love it.

I've been waffling on getting a 4" .44 Mag as a woods totin' gun for a year now. I should go buy a blued Model 29 right now, and start carrying it immediately so it could look that cool before I died.

Fender and Gibson made a fortune making guitars that were "reliced." I wonder if there's money in doing the same thing with guns.

4" N-frames... just as God intended

Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post

Wow! Nice collection.

Site Supporter
    One of mine:

Name:  sw686-1.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  69.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post

I'll be in my bunk.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Sorry to hear about selling your 29. I tend to shoot mostly medium powered loads, but that still may not work for you. 44 spls are pretty mild also, though I seem to shoot the 1000 fps medium power loads most.
    Well, the money's going towards a bunch of Beretta and 1911 parts so at least it went for a good cause.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The only revolver I own at this point. 686 original no dash. The only modifications are; converted to DAO; Wolf Springs and since this picture was taken I changed the rear sight blade to a Weigand's to clean up the sight picture for these aging eyes.

The only repairs I have had to do were after umpteen thousands of rounds the bolt and cylinder center pin were so worn where they come together that the center pin was no longer pushed the bolt back far enough and the bolt was interfering with the back of the hammer and the bolt was no longer pushing the center pin far enough forward to cleanly release the cylinder. Once I found the parts and replaced them everything's back to being honky dory.

This gun has seem marginal amounts of .357 ammunition, mainly it was either standard velocity .38 or over last 5 years .38 +p reloads for IDPA 125 power factor.

I had the sister gun to this in 6" with a pinned front sight that was set up for a neck hold at 50 yards on a B-27 for PPC. About 12 years ago things were tight and my gun collection was reduced to shooters only. Since I hadn't really shot the gun since shooting PPC in the early 80's the 6" was part of the purge. Also at the time went a pristine fitted Remington mdl 1100 trap, and my father original edition Colt Gold Cup 1911. I have regretted that purge over the last few years.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List