Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

With the usual cell-phone camera disclaimer. Not sure what year; but the firing pin is attached to the hammer. I still have the walnut handle saved. (S&W 66)
    Name:  lg66-180.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by dgg9; 06-14-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Four inch Clark Guns Smython. Model 19 with a perfectly blended 4" Python barrel and a Rogers Plaxaco Rig, and Spegel grips.
    ::drool::

OK, I'm better.

Four inch Clark Guns Smython. Model 19 with a perfectly blended 4" Python barrel and a Rogers Plaxaco Rig, and Spegel grips.
    Man, that's just jaw-droppingly beautiful. How much did it run you? (I ask, knowing I won't be able to afford it)

Left 6.5" Pre Model 27. Right 4" Model 27-2

[QUOTE=P.E. Kelley;328036]Left 6.5" Pre Model 27. Right 4" Model 27-2
    QUOTE]

Those are really nice, and the Super Vel box is an excellent touch. What grain Super Vel's are those? 110's?

It is why I "had" to have it. Many of the early Smythons, and Cougers were really built to give a competitive edge in PPC type service matches. In SoCal they then became sort of a status thing among "serious gun guys". Many of hose were built by Bill Davis and some of the premier PPC gun builders and were not cheap. The goal was performance first, but they were built right, but the goal was performance, not looks. Like many things, cops who are typically cheap, and others wanted guns like these and pretty soon bubba versions were showing up and were crap. The gun I got is an example of what happens when a highly regarded world class gunsmith builds one and the goal is both performance AND a finished look. It is truly a thing of beauty.
    I keep going back and re-looking at it. Does the Python barrel resist the forcing cone cracking that Model 19's otherwise sometimes had? If so, S&W ought to buy Colt, have their custom shop make those things new (with a good action job) and re-invigorate the high-end revolver market. It's not only a beautiful gun, it is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I keep going back and re-looking at it. Does the Python barrel resist the forcing cone cracking that Model 19's otherwise sometimes had? If so, S&W ought to buy Colt, have their custom shop make those things new (with a good action job) and re-invigorate the high-end revolver market. It's not only a beautiful gun, it is a great idea.
    Having this discussion on another forum. Here is the Smith and Wesson modern machine built Souless version.....the 686 SSR
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Having this discussion on another forum. Here is the Smith and Wesson modern machine built Souless version.....the 686 SSR
    I agree. No soul. Like plastic guns (and I like the utility of plastic guns). I've been looking at a 686 3" pistol but just can't pull the trigger (no pun intended). Not only is there a lock, but there is something about blued guns that stainless just doesn't capture.

A blue K frame magnum with a better barrel/forcing cone is such a great idea.

Military & Police, 1905, 4th Change. I talked to Roy Jinks today and he placed it around 1916-1919 depending on the war.

Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Picked this guy up today. 4" HB DAO 64-5

User Tag List