Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Don't laugh, but I always really liked my SSIII...

It was much faster than most realized, but it took practice, which most were unwilling to do.
    Count me in. I always felt clunky on the range with it, but I distinctly remember my gun "magically" appearing in my hand on duty a few times.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

28-2

Because of this thread I had to get myself a 4" revolver. I found a S&W 28-2 for a price I could live with and bought a set of VZ grips during one of there sales. I admit I'm not much of revolver know it all and thought this was a square butt. I selected the square butt VZ grips specifically. Well tonight I tried to install them and things aren't working. I have to clean the pistol up a bit anyway because there was the surface rust and crud under the original grips when I took them off.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is a square butt N frame.

What are the grips supposed to fit? How are they not fitting?

Got them on. I wasn't sure if I had the right grips and didn't want to force them.

[IMG][/IMG]

2 fresh n-frames to Retro's stable a S&W 29 44 mag 4" and 25-5 45LC 4".Pics as soon as I figure out how or someone shows me.cya
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    2 fresh n-frames to Retro's stable a S&W 29 44 mag 4" and 25-5 45LC 4".Pics as soon as I figure out how or someone shows me.cya
    I very much want to watch you shoot that Model 25-5. That will make my Grinch heart grow three sizes that day.

Looking forward to the Revolver Round-up....keep the pressure on DB and Wayne....cya at Polite Society Retro

Should be in October. Just need to confirm the exact weekend to get the range.

The VZ grips are G10, which unlike wood or rubber has no give to it, so they tend to be a very tight fit. What I like about the VZ's is that I can use the dremel or some sand paper to get them to fit just perfect to my hand if there is a part that is uncomfortable.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Cool on October...I am putting Eagle Secret Service Grips on all my revolvers..cya

Oh by the way Clark's Custom got in today 85 sheriff dept guns and a lot are s&w mdl10 4" ....cya retro

User Tag List