Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Nice firstie.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Nice firstie.
    I paid 189 dollars for it in 2004 at Rays sport shop in Plainfield NJ. They had the supply contract with NJSP. When I used to CCW in PA, this was the gun I carried more than any other

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    I paid 189 dollars for it in 2004 at Rays sport shop in Plainfield NJ. They had the supply contract with NJSP. When I used to CCW in PA, this was the gun I carried more than any other
    I remember that place. I bought my first gun there. As I understand, it’s long gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I remember that place. I bought my first gun there. As I understand, it’s long gone?
    Yes, it closed in 2008 or so. It had been open since 1931 or 1932 and had the contracts to supply New Jersey State Police with handguns. I had wanted a Smith and Wesson Model 19 they had and by the time my permit came back it had walked. The counter salesman Ken talked me into this NJSP trade in Ruger Secueity Six. NJSP did not issue them long as Trooper Phil Lomonico was killed in a gun battle reloading one on route 80 in 1982. The Left wing militant he was shooting it out with had a browning high power. NJSP went to the HKP7 as a result. When I got this Ruger a friend who was seriously into IPSC in Sweden told me I had gotten swindled and that the gun was a "door stop." A few years later the late great Pat Rogers told me on lightfighter that he thought the Ruger six series was the best service revolver of all time and he elected to carry a speed six as soon as they were authorized. I love it. I shoot it as well as anything I own

I was futzing around with my GP100 today and I swapped out the blued cylinder with a stainless one that I have as a spare. I am slowly talking myself into making this revolver a Faux-Pinto. I bought a 4 inch stainless GP100 barrel this weekend off of ebay. I already have a spare 3 inch stainless (I want the 4 inch so it is legal to hunt with in WA, not that I really ever plan to).

Name:  PXL_20211115_174604920.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  57.1 KB

I was lazy and did not switch the crane and crane pivot assembly out. But I want to get a picture to help me decide if I really want to do the swap.

Site Supporter
    Name:  0A9E0196-F822-4ADF-A612-9A4A0ACDE45E.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  68.5 KB
    My 4” Ks:
    65-5 on top - ex VA DOC revolver.
    10-5 on bottom - old off duty revolver-now the Bride’s HD revolver
    64-1 in the middle -exactly what I carried on duty pre-Glock.
    This one is much nicer than my old one.

Needed the snowshoes to go shooting today
    Name:  IMG_20211219_134704.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  27.6 KB

Site Supporter
    @03RN - It's nice to not lose your brass in the snow, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @03RN - It's nice to not lose your brass in the snow, eh?
    Definitely.

Although I'll pack the snow down with snowshoes where I shoot so the brass from my autos doesn't sink too deep.

Got this with another 4-incher in December... it's one of four revolvers I picked up. The other gun will be another post later. It passed all the checks from the Snub Gun Study Group used revolver article. It's a 19-4 pinned and recessed. I'm very happy with it. It has some wear but I like that. I ordered the Hogue Cocobolo grips to match my Springfield Professional, but they came a bit more orange than I'd prefer... I'm still debating whether I'll keep 'em.

User Tag List