Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

civiliandefender.com
    Oh hell yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

My 624 that I've begun to shoot and carry when woods-bumming. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot with a 250 Keith and 8.0 Power Pistol. The load nudges 1K for velocity and is comfortable to shoot. Pressure is 17K PSI. This load was taken from an article by Brian Pearce in Handloader from a few years ago.

This gun is causing me real problems. It’s making me want more revolvers, something that hasn’t happened in many years. With the exception of J frames and a Ruger Vaq, it’s my new first revolver in 25 years.

Name:  6B481536-25C6-4D98-81AE-D50D1FD4FA33.jpg
Views: 2115
Size:  83.1 KB

It’s a de-pandaed 69 with a plain serrated black Bowen Rough Country rear sight and a Protocall Design gold bead front. I have a set of Ahrends, but I’m not happy with the fit or shape. I’m still undecided whether I want to return them to Brownells or start carving, sanding and oiling. It rides in a Lobo enhanced pancake with hammer shield.

Now I want a bunch of fairly modest 4” stuff that I either used to have or always wanted:

* 681 modified to RB
    * Trooper Mk III
    * next to last model Police Positive Special (the one with the partial ejector rod shroud)
    * last model Police Positive Special (the one with the full length underlug)
    * 10 with a Bomar “cover up” winged rib, my first PPC gun was one of these and I foolishly let it go many years ago.

I’ve always wanted a 58, but that’s because I like the idea of a supersized 10HB. If it was in something other than .41 Magnum, I would choke down the price and find one. In .41, not so much.

I’d also love a 4” Diamondback, I had a 6” years ago but the prices on these will probably keep it out of reach. I still have my DB’s target stocks tucked away, they would look great on a Police Positive if they fit - D frame gripframes are mystery to me.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 05-27-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Der typos

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

My 624 that I've begun to shoot and carry when woods-bumming. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot with a 250 Keith and 8.0 Power Pistol. The load nudges 1K for velocity and is comfortable to shoot. Pressure is 17K PSI. This load was taken from an article by Brian Pearce in Handloader from a few years ago.
    Just calling Dibs on that one......great gun!
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

Who did the engraving ?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Now I want a bunch of fairly modest 4” stuff that I either used to have or always wanted:

* 681 modified to RB
    * Trooper Mk III
    * next to last model Police Positive Special (the one with the partial ejector rod shroud)
    * last model Police Positive Special (the one with the full length underlug)
    * 10 with a Bomar “cover up” winged rib, my first PPC gun was one of these and I foolishly let it go many years ago.

I am seriously debating buying an old PPC gun like the one you speak of. It would serve no "useful" purpose, but would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am seriously debating buying an old PPC gun like the one you speak of. It would serve no "useful" purpose, but would be a heck of a lot of fun.
    Add a red dot and you have something quite fun.

User Tag List