Thread: Quick ? for Doc

Quick ? for Doc

Hey just curious,your list in 2013 showed the standard pressure 9mm Critical Duty ammo,I just checked the latest list and it's showing the +p variant,just curious which one is recommended,also,what changed your mind on adding it to the list? I currently carry that in EDC pistol and the 5.56 GMX in my carry carbine,what are your thoughts on that ammo as well? Thanks!

We keep testing things. When it works well, it gets added. If a vendor has two nearly identical loads, for example a 124 and 124 +P, we generally just list the better of the two.

The 55 gr GMX works nicely and is a recommended load: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-mm-Duty-Loads
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Ok thanks! Which of the two would you recommend?

I like the GMX due to the fact it's readily available for a lot less money than the TTBC 62 gr and 64 gr Nosler solid base,it shoots the same POI/POA as my 55 gr m193 fmj

I like the GMX for the same reasons. But I looked at the Hornady website and they only appear to be loading it in the superformance line now, which I understand has some over pressure problems when used in carbine length gas systems...? Since Hornady advertises that the superformace line is 100-200 fps faster than other loadings, maybe it would be a good idea to use the .223 load if one has a carbine length gas system? I don't know...

Of the 9mm loadings I'd prefer the +P myself, especially from a shorter gun.

Go to hornadyle.com,the part number online is 81255,that's the 5.56 TAP loading

I got a Hornady catalog last night and it list a new GMX load for hogs. its a 223rem pressure load using a 50gr GMX bullet?

It reminded me of the Black Hills 5.56mm 50gr TSX

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    I like the GMX for the same reasons. But I looked at the Hornady website and they only appear to be loading it in the superformance line now, which I understand has some over pressure problems when used in carbine length gas systems...? Since Hornady advertises that the superformace line is 100-200 fps faster than other loadings, maybe it would be a good idea to use the .223 load if one has a carbine length gas system? I don't know...
    I got several boxes of superformance 5.56 75gr 2910 FPS 20inch barrel.

They told me to ship it back to them. Never got around to it. one of these days I sell it during a panic

User Tag List