Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GLOCK front sight Jump

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    My solution is to get used Gen 2's, clean them up and replace the springs.
    That was my first inclination. But the good-condition Gen 2s I've seen have been as much, or more, than a NIB blue label gun. And remember, I needed a disposable (as in, don't care if I lose it, etc.) piece, not a classic shooter.

After I get done with a few projects I've been putting off, I may indeed try a bit of clean-up on this trigger. I've got the Gen3 trigger, OEM minus connector, etc. already in my parts stash.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Kevin,

Any update on the performance of your 19 since it's return from the mother wheel ?

I was looking at a used G19 at my LGS today and the rear of the slide jumped up noticeably when the gun was dry fired. What was the SN prefix on yours ?
    Sorry, haven't been to the range yet, been dealing with major health issues on the part of my Mom. Mine is a TCE serial number, I got it in 2012 (late), should have been one of the "fixed" ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Wow! So on the one hand it displays outstanding accuracy - 1.5" groups at 15 yds (assuming freehand) but on the other you shouldn't expect same - 'cause it's a combat handgun.
    Yeah, I interpreted the conversation this way:

1. I suck, because a girl can shoot great groups with my pistol at 15 yards
    2. Glocks aren't supposed to shoot well at 25 yards

Sorry if I sound sour, just SO DARNED TIRED of screwing with Glock. I see a P320 in my future, unless HK brings a "compact" VP9 to market soon...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I see a P320 in my future, unless HK brings a "compact" VP9 to market soon...

I feel your pain… but have you handled a P320 yet? To me, at least, its quite a bit bigger than a comparable Glock. That's my subjective opinion, of course, gleaned from a side-by-side comparison in the gun store. And its easy to say, when my Glocks are working. If I had unresolved issues that weren't my fault, I'd be looking at alternate brands too.

A VP9 Compact will tempt me mightily, as well. But I wouldn't hold my breath. HK has already said, enough times to take it to the bank, that the next "version" will be a VP40… and you can thank Big Army and the MHS for that. I feel safe in saying that HK is well aware of the need/desire for a compact 9; the mystery is, WHEN will they get around to it? The firm is in deep financial straits; some say unrecoverable straits. We'll see what we shall see.

In the meantime, I hope you get your situation sorted out.

LSP - I've handled the FS P320, and I expected it to be "biggish." It was. For ME, and the way I carry, grip length is the most important factor in concealment. If the P320's grip is wide AND long, it'll probably be a problem for me...

Site Supporter
    Kevin,

Maybe I've been shooting 2 to 9's too long but if you get the chance check out the 320 compact. It felt and pointed out much better for me then the full-size 320 despite my Shrek like hands and general preference for full-size guns.

On another note, I saw PWS is releasing a replacement Glock slide which they claim improves the trigger pull of the clock. I think it's an interesting solution, Addressing trigger pull issues via the slide and striker and instead of the trigger assembly. It also brought this thread to mind. Maybe this can address your G19 from hell?

User Tag List