Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17C

Glock 17C

Cabelas is running a special on the Glock 17C and 19C for $469 each. I just got an $80 off of $400 or more coupon and I have around $200 worth of Cabelas bucks. I currently have a Gen3 19 and 26. I carry the 19 the majority of the time and do the majority of my shooting with the 19. I shoot the 26 well and I like how it conceals better when I needed it. I have been in the market for a 17 or 34 and I've been building up Cabelas points to ease the purchase a bit. Should I jump on the 17C. It will mainly be used for classes and the range and the occasional competition? Or should I keep building up the points and get a standard 17 or 34? I do like the grip on the Gen4 but I also like my Gen3 now that it has had the hump and finger grooves removed.

I prefer the standard version Gen 4 G17. I have no use for the C models.

For the savings you describe, I'd pick one up. You can always add a standard G-17 barrel to it.

Get a standard Gen 3 or 4 G17 or G34, whichever you prefer. I would go with the 17 as I found no benefit to the longer 34 when I owned it and I seemed to shoot the 17 faster and at least as accurately. I briefly had a 17C when they first came out. I Could not tell any difference in muzzle flip between it and a standard 17 unless firing one then immediately switching to the other, and even then it was very minimal. I hated the flash coming up out of the ports and the increased blast. I would not own another and do not recommend them.

I despise the "c" model Glocks...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I despise the "c" model Glocks...
    Haha. Ok maybe I'll save my cabelas bucks.

They're on "special" because they're not selling. Well, maybe to nimrods and duffers…

In addition to the usual problems attributed to them, we discovered another one a while back. Many ammunition producers are going to plated, as opposed to genuine FMJ, bullets in their economy lines. I'm of two minds about that, but what we found is that pistols with compensators or Magna-Port type "vents" really trash these plated bullets, via stripping much of the plating as they pass under the vents. We know this because we shoot into a water tank and recover all projectiles fired.

I haven't done any testing, but I cannot imagine how this deformation/stripping can fail to negatively affect accuracy. Chip and/or Muffy blasting away at a B-27 from four yards probably wouldn't notice any difference, but…

And the money you save on a "C" will be absorbed by the non-compensated barrel you buy, if that's your plan. Best to just get a normal pistol and be done with it.

Site Supporter
    I would spend the extra money not to have a ported Glock...FWIW

I don't think you can shoot a ported Glock in anything but Open.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    They're on "special" because they're not selling. Well, maybe to nimrods and duffers…
    The Glock 17 Cleetus model?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List