Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Narrowest Glock tritium front sight post?

Narrowest Glock tritium front sight post?

I'm trying to decide what sights to settle on and buy a couple sets of.

I run Sevigny sights on my USPSA gun and really like the narrow front blade.

I can;t for the life of me decide what to do. I've been reading about the movement away from 3-dot sights but frankly, can't decide and it's probably over thinking it anyhow.

Who makes the narrowest front post that will still allow me to use it on a defensive pistol?

Side note, are the gold bead front posts worth anything?

Site Supporter
    Ameriglo has a "thin tritium" front as well as the TCAP front.

Never seen one thinner than .125.

A looooooong time ago Dane Burns had some made in .115.

It depends on whether you want a white outline around the vial and how big you want the vial to be. IIRC, Tool Tech can make a tritium front sight as narrow as .90 or .100 but it will have a small vial and no outline. You'd want similar vial size on the rears so they wouldn't overpower the front. You basically end up with a very expensive set of custom sights.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    It depends on whether you want a white outline around the vial and how big you want the vial to be. IIRC, Tool Tech can make a tritium front sight as narrow as .90 or .100 but it will have a small vial and no outline. You'd want similar vial size on the rears so they wouldn't overpower the front. You basically end up with a very expensive set of custom sights.
    Ya, not so fixated on this that I'm willing to go custom.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I'm gonna give the Ameriglo's a shot.

Site Supporter
    If you're not in a hurry, 10-8 offers a .115" and a .100", both of which show as out of stock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    If you're not in a hurry, 10-8 offers a .115" and a .100", both of which show as out of stock right now.
    My understanding is neither of those widths are available in tritium - though they are available with a gold bead.

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    My understanding is neither of those widths are available in tritium - though they are available with a gold bead.
    Laser sights. Then it doesn't matter. I like the great big ones that sit on top of the gun, like in Terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    Side note, are the gold bead front posts worth anything?
    Like FO sights, once things start growing dark, they're same as classic black sights; however, they are capable of reflecting light in somewhat darker environments than FO.

John Harrison has some good explanations here: http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Static/FrontSights.htm

Personally, I'll take tritium first, gold bead second and FO last. But a lot of people like FOs better than anything.

User Tag List