Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training with Manny Bragg

Don't overlook Frank Garcia. He's an old dude still placing top 16 to top 25 at Production Nationals. He was working 1 on 1 with Sal Luna for awhile. Sal dropped out of the sky and now has 2 top 16 finishes at Nats and I think he has a couple Level 2 and 3 wins. To do that in 2-3 years of serious training is very good. Actually Frank maybe the better trainer for Production style shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Bump. Looking to schedule a training class in '16.

After attending Tac Con '16 in Memphis, this would be my 'first' real training class. I'm looking at the 'Intermediate Pistol' two day, 1,000 round per day at $450 at Universal, since it is relatively close to me (I'm basically in Tampa).
    Questions: would the two day class be ok for a relative noob, first time class-taker?
    Rich
    Rich. Looky here..... Givens in Naples.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I presume Tac Con primarily teaches tactics, where Universal will teach technical shooting.
    Just for clarity, Rich is referring to the Rangemaster Tactical Conference. It is broken down into 2 to 4 hour seminar type classes on various shooting and self defense subjects.

Cain is on my bucket list.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Randy Cain is excellent. His Handgun 101 is class is fantastic (and not just for beginners), and his Intermediate Handgun is great once you've got a couple 101s under your belt.
    Last edited by Casey; 01-07-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Cain is on my bucket list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Randy Cain is excellent. His Handgun 101 is class is fantastic (and not just for beginners), and his Intermediate Handgun is great once you've got a couple 101s under your belt.
    I'll re-echo this sentiment. Randy has a no-nonsense focus on fundamentals and is a great diagnostician. His practical Rifle class was the most fun I've had at gun school, edging out Rodgers. He sticks to the basics and keeps showing you what you're doing wrong and how to fix it.

I also spent a day one-on-one with Frank as my first real gun school, and I wish I'd have done a couple of 101's with Randy first. Frank is obviously a master at the fundamentals but I think he's better at explaining more advanced nuances than helping you master the basics.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List