Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode VII

Star Wars Episode VII

Official teaser has been released.

Already got people in arms over how bad the Sith's weapon is but apparently they forgot that's actually one of the less useless variants of a lightsaber shown. For reference, there's a character that used what amounts to a tonfa (or PR24-type baton to the LEOs here) that had the blade as the part that extends along the user's arm when held in a closed guard position.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    Already got people in arms over how bad the Sith's weapon is but apparently they forgot that's actually one of the less useless variants of a lightsaber shown. For reference, there's a character that used what amounts to a tonfa (or PR24-type baton to the LEOs here) that had the blade as the part that extends along the user's arm when held in a closed guard position.
    Those are non-canon.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Those are non-canon.
    Well they're not Nikon.

Or,

Everyone knows lightsabers aren't cannons.

Site Supporter
    I'll see any more star wars on HBO.
    Bah,humbug.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Darth Maul was the same way with his double-edged light saber.

It's a new villain and the movies look great.

I'm so glad to have ToddG back. I feel like a picture/poster of Return of the Greene could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Those are non-canon.
    Except that baton-saber was created with Lucas' green light as he still owned LucasArts at the time and it was a LucasArts project (The Force Unleashed which was to serve as a "canon" bridge between the prequels and the original trilogy before Disney intervened). Just pointing out that lightsabers with blade guards is hardly the dumbest idea to show up in Star Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Given how many characters in Star Wars end up getting their hands cut off, the handguard kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    Except that baton-saber was created with Lucas' green light as he still owned LucasArts at the time and it was a LucasArts project (The Force Unleashed which was to serve as a "canon" bridge between the prequels and the original trilogy before Disney intervened). Just pointing out that lightsabers with blade guards is hardly the dumbest idea to show up in Star Wars.
    The Mouse says that anything other than the six movies, and clone wars is not canon, and that is final. Believe me you don't want to piss off the rat, he is a vengeful animal. I mean who else can force Congress to give them a no fly zone over their parks?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Given how many characters in Star Wars end up getting their hands cut off, the handguard kinda makes sense.
    I sincerely LOL'd.

User Tag List