Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 4Sevens Quark QTA - Initial Impressions

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been really impressed with the two Quark Tactical lights I bought. I like the mode options and the quality. The deep pocket carry clip is a nice accessory too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It's always dangerous for a flashlight addict to read this forum. I just ordered a QTA off Amazon after reading your review.
    Flashlights, pocket knives, and handguns.

Little boys don't really grow up, just get larger. Our cap guns turn into Glocks 1911s, N Frames, etc, and our trikes turn into pickup trucks. Pocket knives and flashlights evolve, quality wise, but in the end, we are still into the same stuff that we were into at 6 years old...

How does the QK2A-X compare to the QT2A-X? Generally speaking and with specific emphasis on the user interface. Simple is good.

It looks like you have to special order the desired settings you want.

I'm not terribly familiar with flashlights beyond the Costco tactical lights I've been using till now.
    Last edited by David S.; 11-10-2015 at 02:25 AM.
    David S.

Quarks are Back!

And they offer programming for the lighting selection you want. Hi only , low med hi, etc etc....
    Last edited by UNK; 11-20-2015 at 11:06 PM.

FYI: The new (2)CR123A Smart Quark lists a lumen output max of 950. Status is pre-order only.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/f...hts/QuarkSmart

Site Supporter
    I like FourSevens, and have a few of the previous Quarks. A couple of things to be aware of with the new ones . . .

Changing modes requires pressing the tail switch off and on again within about 1 second. If you are using the light intermittently to search for someone who means you harm, it is way too easy to change modes at exactly the wrong time. Reducing this time to about 0.5 seconds would likely help considerably.

The strobe rate is about 10 Hz. That slow a strobe rate definitely slows one's ability to perceive what is around them when using strobe mode. 14-15 Hz. is much better in that regard, and allows me to perceive what is around me at about the same speed as a solid beam.

I had been wanting a QTA for a while and providence would have it that I won the Karma giveaway for one and received it just prior to my birthday. Pretty awesome! I had been using a older Quark Tactical 123 so I gave that to my wife. I like that the QTA is longer and the deep carry clip is great. I bought a XTAR 14500 battery and Nitecore UM10 charger from Battery Junction. This seems like a winning combination. And my wife is happy that she gets a nice light and I get a new one and it only cost me the price of the battery and charger.

ETA: I'm hoping to order the QP2L-X Head with Burst Mode soon.
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-23-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Follow up -

My 14500-powered QT2L-X Quark shines on. It remains my EDC light, has traveled near and far with me, been x-rayed numerous times by TSA, dropped, misplaced, etc. I still have no reason to look any further for EDC light.

I'm resurrecting this old thread.

Today I'm still carrying my QT2LX and it still works brilliantly. It's been all over the world with me and hasn't let me down after 6+ years of EDC. I love the UI still as I have it set for Turbo/Burst with the head fully tightened and medium with it loose.

So now my question is: what else is out there these days? Surely someone has a better product out by now or at least an equivalent? One day this light will either go missing or fail in some way. I'm looking for:

-Similar size (7/8" Dia x 4.5"L)
    -Similar output (800 lumens, but 700+ is fine)
    -Simple switchable UI

User Tag List