Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Hi guys, I've been reading this place for a while but figured it was about time I registered and posted a little. I was pointed here by Slavex, who has taugh me a few things in the 6 months I've been shooting.

Anyway I was off shooting a small club level IPSC/steel weird combo match today. Was a lot of fun and I borrowed a Gopro HD which I stuck on my head for the day thus looking like an idiot. Next time I'll remember to try and make it somewhat more level. Here is what came of it.

I finally finished putting together the entire video footage from the 2011 IDPA World Championship. As I've said elsewhere, this was a tough match with a lot of very technical shots. The match was split up between two days, and on day 1 I was extremely timid with my stage approaches. I didn't attack the swingers with the sort of aggression I needed, which ended up costing me a lot of time and points. Day 2 went much better for me since I figured "screw it" and just attacked the stages with much more wild abandon. Big lesson learned: timidity won't win anything.

impressive.

the stage starting at 5:55 would have destroyed me. need to get over my distance aversion.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Honestly, that one wasn't too bad. The rear target was only 35 yards away and you had most of the upper torso and the entire head box to work with. I was -1 on the rear target and -2 on one of the swingers.

Not exactly a match video, but my latest visit to Rogers. The pistol is a Beretta 92 Compact and the holster is a Safariland 6304 Level 3 holster.

Absolutely disastrous match, moral of the story? Don't install a new slide stop on your G34 the night before the match.

Shot the IN Production, Revolver and Single Stack match yesterday. Had some good stages and bad stages, but had a blast overall. Here's a ouple I did good on.

The Indiana match is a pretty good one! I shot it in 2010 and shot the State Championship that year as well; the local section guys put together some good stages.

My most recent USPSA match, my fifth time shooting Open. Getting the hang of shooting a red dot.

[ http://gunbot.org | http://youtube.com/gunrobot ]

User Tag List