Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Fun Thanksgiving themed match (small turkey targets thrown in). Got to play with my new Insta360 Go3.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

IDPA: CO vs ESP with the same gun

Here are some vids from a recent IDPA match. I shot CO and ESP with identical ProGrade CZ P-07s from AIWB. It was interesting to switch back and forth from CO to irons. Most of the other shooters were using full size gamer guns from OWB, so it was a good challenge to see how my carry gear measures up.

Very similar times on this stage:
    ESP

CO

Fast stage, shot seated.
    CO: overall stage win.

ESP: fumbled the mag insertion.

Challenging stage with tight partials out to 25yds.
    ESP: I was happy with my down 4 on this one

CO: last stage of the match, and I decided to shoot it like a USPSA stage, and had by far the fastest raw time, but couldn't make up for Down 9. You'll hear me say "fuck" when I called a close one on the non-threat in front of the 2nd target. Fortunately, it didn't break the perf.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-02-2023 at 06:38 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Dropped a #13 recoil spring and a #4 striker spring in my G49. Dot seemed to track a little better.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Clusterfrack, those looked like fun stages. That seated one was great!

@Clusterfrack On Stage 6 it looks like you had make up shots with CO. Was that because you could see better with the optic?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    Clusterfrack, those looked like fun stages. That seated one was great!
    That was a hostage scenario, where they had you imagine that your child was being held at gunpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    @Clusterfrack On Stage 6 it looks like you had make up shots with CO. Was that because you could see better with the optic?
    That was a three per target stage. I wanted to reload with one in the chamber, so I dumped a round on the first target array. But, I wanted to use that round to make up a point down if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That was a three per target stage. I wanted to reload with one in the chamber, so I dumped a round on the first target array. But, I wanted to use that round to make up a point down if needed.
    Aaaahh. Round dumping. It used to be illegal and you had to sneak them in. I haven't shot IDPA for a while and the rules have changed several times since.

Here

I’ve been competing from concealment for the past few months now. My setup is pretty much how I carry every day: Alchemy Custom Weaponry Quantico HiCap with SRO and X300U-B in a Tenicor Malus Sol loaded with a 17rd mag (actual carry is a Staccato P with DPP and TLR-1 HL in a Floodlight2 AIWB), LAS Ensō with 20rd reload, and an additional 17rd reload via NeoMag in my left pocket (second reload is strictly for matches, as I don’t carry it day-to-day). I’m not a large individual, but a full size 2011 with a 20rd reload works for me.

I’m purposely hamstrung with 17/18rds to start, but that’s how I carry because an extended 20rd loaded to start in the gun doesn’t work for me for normal carry. It definitely makes for interesting stage planning.

I should have attacked this stage differently. The activator plate was slower and than I realized (we even watched it during out walkthrough), so I should have engaged it first, followed by the second plate, then the disappearing target, then swinger, then the other 2 targets off camera. No issues engaging the targets, it just slowed me down. Also, only 1 round required on the targets for this stage.

Barrel start, which is a missed opportunity to shoot from concealment. The only thing dumber than barrel starts are unloaded starts. I didn’t follow my plan engaging the second to last array of targets, so you can see me stutter transition from one target to move closer to a non-visible target to engage first. Finally, I lost my dot on the first target of the last array in the shooting port, so I was slow to engage.

This was my worst stage of the day. I had 2 make-up shots on steel which forced me to reload in the middle of engaging a target through the forward port. The plan was to reload on my retreat to the far right array of targets. I hit the no shoot on that far right array and needed to re-engage that one target. I also had a weird stutter transition shooting my way into the last 2 targets through the far left shooting port (my splits were also slow on those 2 despite them being relatively close).

I could have engaged that last array of 4 paper and 1 steel popper a little faster, but his was an overall good stage for me.

Another overall good stage. RO was too close to me at the end and we collided as I stepped back to engage the last 2 targets of the stage. He apologized and I was fine with it anyway.
    Last edited by Timbonez; 12-07-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Gotta slow down a bit. Too many D’s and misses. The G26L doesn’t track quite as good as the G49.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xgTUsjy6w...yshdrS0JnQ_jwc
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List