Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

I am always glad when this thread gets topped.

Sunday morning "Stage" at my Tim Herron class in February at Homestead in Miami FL. I had tried to put into practice everything from the previous day. I don't recall exact details on HF other than it went from somewhere like 2.0 on Saturday morning's initial evaluation run to like 4.0 by Sunday morning. Awkwardly, I had accidentally forgot to pack my G34 game gun for the trip, which I only discovered at the hotel when I got there. So, I shot the entire class with my carry gun, a box-stock Glock 19 MOS.

Background: Tim sets up this stage first and they you run it three times. Day 1 is for evaluation, then you run it twice on Day 2. This is run 2 of three. I'm still slow as molasses but you can see a remarkable improvement (or at least I think it's remarkable) from my previous match at Ruskin FL last fall (especially shooting while moving, which you can kinda sorta see at the end.)

I got a lot out of this class.

Last edited by RJ; 05-02-2022 at 08:06 AM.

The unseasonably "warm" weather has encouraged more local clubs to start their season early. Even a local CO GM came out of hibernation!
    I had a rough start in the morning with a pile of bad shots on the first two stages.
    I actually had one of my better steel target days including what should have been a HOA on the last stage with 2 Texas stars if it wasn't for just kissing the perf on a no shoot.

Highlights from todays match. 11/71 overall. 5th Open. Used my Lucky 7 ported SCT19. Way too many C/D’s. Lots of wasted time on transitions and movement as well. Got some work to do. Good times.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZKo01HpnPRo?feature=share
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I shot the USPSA Mid Atlantic section match last weekend and then the much smaller(but more fun) Eastern Lakes Section Match yesterday.

I left the MAS a little heart broken, having lost the production win due to a gun malfunction and a rough first stage, but in all fairness the guy who won totally deserved it so I can't be mad about that
    I took a clean 100% Production win (not exactly the most competitive showing) and 12th overall at Eastern Lakes Section match(capacity neutral match location).

Both matches were a lot of fun, I learned a ton of stuff to work on, and I was on a great squad for both!

Todays match.

Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Todays match.

The movement is looking smoother!

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanMjuuj View Post
    I figure this section could use some life breathed into it, so by the (nonexistent) power vested in me, I declare this thread the Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread. WOOHOO!

I'll start, since I was just able to borrow a video camera for the first time

This is also iiooa thread for comments, critique, and criticism. I made about a million mistakes in my video, so it should be easy
    ta

Today’s match was a benefit match for the family of a local shooter/trainer/LEO who passed suddenly back in May. Marcus was a good dude. We raised a lot of $$ for the family.

Name:  D811993F-5192-4EC9-B559-7CCD0CBD5FE7.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  54.3 KB
    https://youtube.com/shorts/j162rB5_NXo?feature=share
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Spicy splits! Lookin good!

I reformatted the link so that the video would embed. "Shorts" have to have the link edited for PF forum software.

User Tag List