Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 531

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

  1. #521
    Site Supporter Clobbersaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waaaay out west.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

  2. #522
    Site Supporter Clobbersaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waaaay out west.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

  3. #523
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Georgia, USA


    Finished 2nd place production. There's not much I could do to change that at my current level of skill. Just need to improve across the board; mostly bleeding time in movement and not shooting while moving as much and as confidently as the winner. Also dropped more charlies at midrange and long distances than I should have. Doubles drill and practical accuracy at 20 and 25 yards are the answer. Also more movement training in dry-fire.
    Last edited by wtturn; 09-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #524
    Member miller_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    OMG!!! I would have been so freaked out if I had been standing back there! That is super scary.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

    Humbly improving with CZ's.

  5. #525


    Here's a stage from my 4th USPSA match. This one went OK, didn't have any major mental mistakes apart from missing my spot on the second position and having to fish around to find targets through a port. Areas needing improvement I see on this stage:
    • positioning not quite up to par, cost me time shooting the leftmost target with my hands inside the port, and then having to lean to find targets after the wide transition in my 2nd position.
    • could have been more aggressive in shooting the first target inside the door, probably didn't need to plant myself to shoot a close target that wasn't too badly partialed.
    • felt very slow getting off the starting point towards the port or leaving any position
    • mediocre wrist tension, you can see the gun oscillating a lot in recoil


    I won two stages (in production, not overall), I suspect primarily due to them having some longer steel (2 arrays of 8 small poppers at 15 yards on one, a few small poppers at 25 with hardcover poppers in the way on the other) which I saw a lot of people struggle with, even with nice open guns. I ended up placing 4th out of 12 production shooters alongside the B class shooters, but since this was just a fun match I think some of them were shooting production guns they haven't touched in a while. Really screwed myself by not counting the targets on the first stage of the day and making a plan that completely missed one target, and then on the last stage not programming in a position properly so I missed my spot, passed it, and had to go back for a target.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 12-15-2019 at 05:38 PM.

  6. #526
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    OMG!!! I would have been so freaked out if I had been standing back there! That is super scary.
    What The Fuck......

  7. #527
    Site Supporter AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    OMG!!! I would have been so freaked out if I had been standing back there! That is super scary.
    So, it that a thing at actual sanctioned matches? Leaving a pile of 1x2's after you clear them? I'm not sure I'd think that was a good idea.

  8. #528
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    So, it that a thing at actual sanctioned matches? Leaving a pile of 1x2's after you clear them? I'm not sure I'd think that was a good idea.
    One is supposed to duck and go through the tunnel, of which the boards form the ceiling. Knocking off the slats incur procedural penalties which detract from your points earned in the stage.

    Big dude obviously has some physical infirmities (his gait is all wonky and odd) and clearly decided he'd just take the penalties rather than try to do something he seems physically unable to do.

    His ONLY mistake was not controlling the muzzle as he fell. Practical pistol shooting demands a certain level of physical fitness and ability, and if one can't muster that, perhaps it's time to find another sport.

  9. #529
    Site Supporter AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    One is supposed to duck and go through the tunnel, of which the boards form the ceiling. Knocking off the slats incur procedural penalties which detract from your points earned in the stage.

    Big dude obviously has some physical infirmities (his gait is all wonky and odd) and clearly decided he'd just take the penalties rather than try to do something he seems physically unable to do.

    His ONLY mistake was not controlling the muzzle as he fell. Practical pistol shooting demands a certain level of physical fitness and ability, and if one can't muster that, perhaps it's time to find another sport.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't understand the whole setup.

  10. #530
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't understand the whole setup.
    Falling is uncommon, but not unheard of even for those physically fit. Just gotta keep your wits about you and control your pistol as you go down or you go to lunch at Dairy Queen.

    Dairy Queen = DQ = disqualification = your shooting is over for the day. Letting the muzzle point uprange of a imaginary line parallel to the berm is a common way to go to DQ.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •