Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Okay, that looked like a lot of fun. I am about ->this close<- to giving 3-gun a whirl.
    Tamara -
    3-Gun challenges me in ways I have never been challenged before as a pistol shooter. That and it's SUPER fun. Let me know if you need help finding a match to shoot and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.
    All the best,
    Julie

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the author's sponsors and employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Okay, that looked like a lot of fun. I am about ->this close<- to giving 3-gun a whirl.
    You and me both. I even had Wes Grant at MSTN build me a dedicated 3 gun upper a few years ago.

Banned
    Here's my Area 4 performance. I hate to play IFsc (actually I love it), but if my freaking Glock hadn't jammed on three stages I would have won the Area 4 Limited 10 championship. After speaking with noted bad-ass and former Glock shooter Carina Randolph, I think I narrowed the problem down to the mags not seating properly. For nationals, gone will be the magwell, and the extended basepads, that's for sure.

All in all I'm really happy with the way I shot. My accuracy was good, and I was seeing everything really well. I still need to prepare better in terms of nutrition and hydration, but like everything, it's all a work in process.

NICE! You had some smokin reloads!!
    All the best,
    Julie

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the author's sponsors and employers.

Nice shootin Andy. You have much better malfunction clearing technique than I do, I always seem to slingshot instead of overhand
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

More fail at the hands of yours truly:

Site Supporter
    I only got video of one stage today. I haven't videoed myself for a long time. It made me realize that I need to be a lot more agressive when I'm not shooting.

Banned
    Here is my performance in the Production division at USPSA Nationals. I ended up finishing 2nd in A class, and 30th overall. I wasn't able to record some of the stages, but the ones I did record are shown here. The event was really fun, and I was reasonably happy with the results considering this was my first nationals, and by far the biggest match of my brief shooting career. The match also exposed some serious holes in my game, namely timing swingers. I have no problem getting hits on them as long as I don't have to worry too much about hitting anything between between the activator and the swinger itself. However, when timing is a factor (as it was on at least 7 of the 20 stages, I start to come undone. In the coming months I'm going to get out to West Texas to get some training from Kale Garretson and Jim Bodkin on this very issue, and I can't wait to see the improvement in my score next year.

Here's the match. Let me know what you think.

IDPA Match #4

I gave up some time due to being an idiot and some points on some of the closer stuff (for the same reason), but overall I had a good match yesterday. I was really consistent and accurate for the most part. Shot a bunch of boring A class scores

User Tag List