Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Here's my last full match video: I'm running a Lone Wolf Timberwolf (modified Glock 34) with a CR Speed Belt, Blade-Tech holster and mag pouches. Ammo in this vid was 147 grain Federal American Eagle.

Banned

I'll play. This is my most recent Level II match - the Texas Limited.

Some notes: I'm pretty happy with my performance considering I hadn't really shot or practiced in the preceding three months due to an injury (you can see my left wrist is all taped up). I was not happy about my accuracy, which is normally my strong suit. I'm overgripping the crap out of the gun with my right hand in order to compensate for my left hand being near useless, causing my trigger control to go to shit. I knew my grip was shit in real time, but I just couldn't get my body to stop it and relax.

One big learning point was that when I spend too long in the sun and don't keep my blood sugar up my shooting goes to absolute hell. The video starts on Stage 1, but in reality I shot the match 8 - 4 on day 1, and 5 - 7 on day 2. On Stage 12, I was on deck and ready to go, when the shooter in front of me had a malfunction on one of the poppers and called for a calibration. It was a good thing he did, because the popper was all fouled up and needed to be fixed. Anyway, as a result I ended up waiting on deck for about 25 minutes - in the sun - while my blood sugar tanked. It took me a full three stages to recover. On stage 12, I went to the second position, shot a popper twice, then the paper once, then got confused, stopped, reassessed, and finished the stage. lol. At least I learned a valuable lesson from it.

I was shooting a 625 S&W, Safariland 568 holster, Federal 165 CQT ammo, and a Hi-Viz vest from Wal-Mart.

Here's the video from our latest match at Cherokee Gun Club. It was very muggy so no concealment garments were required.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Here's the video from our latest match at Cherokee Gun Club. It was very muggy so no concealment garments were required.
    Here's my article about the match: http://www.examiner.com/firearms-in-...s-sweat-it-out

Steel Challenge stuff - here are my practice runs on Speed Option - if you watch carefully, I shoot the plates out of my desired order on the first run.

Caleb what setting are you running your Contour on? the quality looks great. i mounted mine on the side of my hat brim, but i like your ear pro mount. keep up the vids man

I run it on the "High" quality setting.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I run it on the "High" quality setting.
    the 1080 then? nice work, thanks

Yep. Raw videos are in 1080, when I do full match footage stuff with a mix of 3rd person and 1st person cameras I'll usually compress them 720 in Vegas (my editing software) because it takes like three weeks to render a 3 minute long video in 1080.

User Tag List