Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

After my near death experience, I finally made the video of the Deliverance IDPA Postal Match for last month.

When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Last year, I did really well on the postal match - finished 5th in SSR. This year I just straight up tanked it; had a terrible score in CDP. Nice video!

Here are a few of my son's stages at this years Missouri Sectional...
    Thanks for watching!

I was a bit busy SO'ing and my daughter only caught 2 stages of the 6 on her iPod Touch. I wish she had videoed Stage 4, which is the stage where the wheels came off. It was an 8 round stage and I ended up needing a mag change. I hate shooting thru lattice! Stage 1 was interesting to say the least. I finished 3rd overall.

Stage 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eQ4y...1&feature=plcp

Stage 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS_OO...2&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by slee View Post
    Here are a few of my son's stages at this years Missouri Sectional...
    NICE! How old is he and what is he shooting there? He was tearing it up on the steel better than half the adults I've squadded with.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    NICE! How old is he and what is he shooting there? He was tearing it up on the steel better than half the adults I've squadded with.
    Thanks! He is 12 and is shooting a STI 2011 in .40(major)...The boy love's the steels!!!

It's been a few months since I've shot my last match. I got back into it today perhaps a bit too eagerly. I had all kinds of problems - I put a new extended slide catch lever on last week, and my grip kept pushing it up, causing premature lockback-ulation. Several mental and visual errors including one completely, unsalvageably bombed stage and several misses that never should have happened.

Oh well, I had fun. And I love the new camera. You can even see my beard!

All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

I was at the same match as Donovan yesterday, but you can only see my beard in the 3rd person shots. I had an okay match; I popped a couple of no shoots on one stage because I tried to shoot it as fast with my strong hand as I did with both hands. Otherwise, not a terrible match. Footwork is still my big weakness, because even running a stock Glock trigger set up my trigger speed is pretty good.

Oh also, I'm really tired of ROCK MUSIC RUAAHHH in shooting videos.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I was at the same match as Donovan yesterday, but you can only see my beard in the 3rd person shots. I had an okay match; I popped a couple of no shoots on one stage because I tried to shoot it as fast with my strong hand as I did with both hands. Otherwise, not a terrible match. Footwork is still my big weakness, because even running a stock Glock trigger set up my trigger speed is pretty good.

Oh also, I'm really tired of ROCK MUSIC RUAAHHH in shooting videos.
    Is that your G-21? If so, how are you liking the Sevigny Speedwell?

It is; this was the first match where I had an opportunity to really wring the gun out under match pressures, and as you can see in the video my reloads were probably the best part of my match. The only reload I bobbled was on the stage where I shot the no-shoots; Stage 6. The video doesn't present the stages in the order we shot them, Stage 6 was our third stage, and was in the shade so my hands were pretty damn cold.

User Tag List