Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Today was my last match of 2023. One of the places I compete at has a "Run What You Brung" match any time there is a 5th Sunday of the month. Since centerfire rifles are allowed at this match, and everything is relatively close, only paper targets are used. Most folks will run a gun that they don't typically shoot. Some have interesting things that make for good conversation. One of the gentlemen I normally squad with at this location had a transferrable M16A1 and an M4A1 that he ran today. The stages are typically short, burner types but they're fun overall.

During Black Friday of 2022 I purchased a Beretta 92X Performance from LTT with their trigger job. The double action is smooth with no stacking and very light for what it is. The single action consistently pulls just under 2lbs. This was an irons only gun when I purchased it. I've run it a few times at various USPSA and MGM matches throughout 2023 irons only. Since LTT started offering RDO cuts for all manner of Beretta 92s I toyed with sending the slide back their way for a cut. I finally took the plunge in late October and received the slide back earlier this week. It's now topped with a 507 Comp-GR, which I promptly zeroed a few days ago as I anxiously waited to run this gun at this match. Those of you that have watched my previous videos know that I typically run an Alchemy Custom Weaponry Quantico HiCap from concealment at USPSA matches and from a Safariland RDSO at multi-gun matches while I LARP in my kit. Unloaded with empty 20rd mag, the 507 Comp, and a Surefire X300V it weighs in at 54.6oz. My Quantico HiCap similarly configured is 44oz. Today was a nice change of pace. This gun is so fun to shoot and it's extremely flat. It's likely going to see more trigger time. Apologies for the rambling. Here's the combined vid.

Name:  IMG_2541.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  38.9 KBName:  IMG_2542.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  51.7 KB
    Last edited by Timbonez; 01-01-2024 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    Today was my last match of 2023. One of the places I compete at has a "Run What You Brung" match any time there is a 5th Sunday of the month. Since centerfire rifles are allowed at this match, and everything is relatively close, only paper targets are used. Most folks will run a gun that they don't typically shoot. Some have interesting things that make for good conversation. One of the gentlemen I normally squad with at this location had a transferrable M16A1 and an M4A1 that he ran today. The stages are typically short, burner types but they're fun overall.

During Black Friday of 2022 I purchased a Beretta 92X Performance from LTT with their trigger job. The double action is smooth with no stacking and very light for what it is. The single action consistently pulls just under 2lbs. This was an irons only gun when I purchased it. I've run it a few times at various USPSA and MGM matches throughout 2023 irons only. Since LTT started offering RDO cuts for all manner of Beretta 92s I toyed with sending the slide back their way for a cut. I finally took the plunge in late October and received the slide back earlier this week. It's now topped with a 507 Comp-GR, which I promptly zeroed a few days ago as I anxiously waited to run this gun at this match. Those of you that have watched my previous videos know that I typically run an Alchemy Custom Weaponry Quantico HiCap from concealment at USPSA matches and from a Safariland RDSO at multi-gun matches while I LARP in my kit. Unloaded with empty 20rd mag, the 507 Comp, and a Surefire X300V it weighs in at 54.6oz. My Quantico HiCap similarly configured is 44oz. Today was a nice change of pace. This gun is so fun to shoot and it's extremely flat. It's likely going to see more trigger time. Apologies for the rambling. Here's the combined vid.

Disregard.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Yeah, it was still in draft mode. Literally just finished it. I forgot to publish it after it gave me the link.

First match in 2 months... and it felt good. A bit rusty, but good. The rain was biblical, and I lost my dot on one stage (see video in the "lost dot" thread). You probably can't tell, but looking at my videos I can see the effects of a recent martial arts injury to both wrists. You don't truly appreciate "wrist lock" until it really hurts to do it.

15.81s 25A4C 1NS HF8.0

10.96s 13A7C HF7.85
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-28-2024 at 11:19 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Been lazy posting some of my matches. I’ll post some of the multi-gun LARP in a day or two. In the meantime, here’s a few stages from a match I had today. From concealment as usual with my Alchemy Custom Weaponry Quantico HiCap. The matches at this location are typically very simple and it’s usually because there are only a handful of folks available to setup. Overall, I performed very well today.

Stuffed myself in the shooting port a little too much on this one.

Runway style stages like this one are my favorite.

Name:  IMG_2936.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  39.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    Did you get called on the foot fault?

No, they didn't see it. But I somehow ended up with a NS after reviewing the scores on Practiscore, even though I didn't have a NS during the match, so it balances out against me anyway.
    Last edited by Timbonez; 01-29-2024 at 11:09 AM.

The Ok, the Good, and the Ugly

Beautiful Feb weather for a match. I can't help feeling like we deserve it, after the icepocalypse and biblical rainstorms that followed...

The left lean on the popper array was harder than it looked in the walkthrough.

Shot this one clean. 26A. Pretty happy with this one.

I cut corners on my match ammo QC and a low charge on the first round in a 23+1 magazine caused a FTF/doublefeed and added 10s to this big stage. It cost me a match win. A Lesson learned. Oh, and in case you didn't already know: never try to "catch up" after a malfunction. Don't laugh... (actually, go ahead).

Good match, and amusing to still finish ahead of all the LO shooters with their $5000 John Wick guns.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-11-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A few stage videos from a match this past Sunday. I have a love/hate relationship with this location. I started competing almost 2 years ago and had my first match here. The stages are, however, really low effort. That said, they're still fun to shoot and I get to spend some time with some good people.

I had an edge hit on the first popper of this stage. I initially though it was going to fall after hearing the ping, but I had to re-engage after shooting some paper. My plan was to reload as I moved into position on the mini-runway, but I forgot and started engaging the far right array. I remembered to reload after I took care of those targets before engaging the rest of the paper and steel.

21A 1C 1D, HF: 6.47

I also had an edge hit on the first popper I engaged on this stage. Cleaned it up before starting my retreat but required an additional make-up shot because I'm "mid." One-handed the one paper target on the retreat for no other reason than to just be goofy.

16A 1C 1D, HF: 5.85

Last stage I'll share since the others were extremely short and boring. Make-up shots on that first steel are inexcusable. I should be better than that. I've been working on shooting while falling out of position. It's been working out so far. I should have engaged the obscured stacked target while stationary and fell out on the open target, but the hits were still good.

20A 2C, HF: 6.44

Shot Open Minor with a G45 from concealment (17 in the gun, 24 on appendix reload): Radian Ramjet/Afterburner, Glock Performance Trigger w/Johnny Glocks Vex trigger shoe, SLR Rifleworks magwell, Holosun 509T on an aftermarket plate lower cowitnessed with 10-8 Performance irons.
    Last edited by Timbonez; 02-22-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Not dead yet! I don't see production ever being "saved" at this point, but a few extra rounds at least lets it almost be competitive in the overall results.
    I did not have any particularly good stages and I had more than a few issues with steel, but it all came together with 89% against a CO GM and a top 5 finish

User Tag List