Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Got 4th in CO at Area 4. It's better than 16th place I got last year, so I guess I can't complain. No major mistakes, just a lot of small ones. The main thing was that the heat (~105-107 heat index) made me feel like I was moving in molasses the whole time

Last edited by CleverNickname; 07-23-2019 at 11:06 AM.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Wow, that is some scary stuff right there. I’m glad the shooter and everyone behind him are ok.

I was at that match. Of course, hindsight is 20:20... but there was an option to go around the Cooper tunnel.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I got the sense that he was annoyed that the Cooper tunnel existed, since for whatever reason he didn't appear to be capable of bending over very much. Going around and not taking all those penalties wouldn't have given him the opportunity to express his displeasure by knocking off all the slats.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I got the sense that he was annoyed that the Cooper tunnel existed, since for whatever reason he didn't appear to be capable of bending over very much. Going around and not taking all those penalties wouldn't have given him the opportunity to express his displeasure by knocking off all the slats.
    Sigh. I got that impression as well when I spoke with him and his wife after the match and inquired about the crutches and the yuge bandage on his knee. They seem like nice folks, but I hope he was able to apologize profusely to all the people he swept with his loaded, cocked gun with safety off. That is one of the most dangerous things I've seen at any match.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-13-2019 at 08:36 PM.

I am an enormous Cooper fan, and Cooper tunnels were dumb when Cooper popularized them. Not that the dude isn’t completely at fault, and apparently a man child.

Having competitors go to the ground is hardly ever worth it. I put a low port on a stage and had a young lady roll on her back in reaction to kneeling on brass and put a round past my ear.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Official pistol-forum.com Match Video Thread

Yikes. That is terrible. I hope she attended serious re-training or never touched a gun again.

I try to be close enough to young shooters that I can grab an arm or gun, but that’s not always possible.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-13-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Yeah that’s scary. I was there too. I went around the Cooper tunnel.

The Cooper tunnel reminds me of certain gimmicky course elements in Autocross, but, one runs the course she’s given.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yikes. That is terrible. I hope she attended serious re-training or never touched a gun again.

I try to be close enough to young shooters that I can grab an arm or gun, but that’s not always possible.
    Young lady in question was probably in her forties. She was only young from my current perspective. Which is kind of trippy.

I think she kept shooting for a number of years. I stopped shooting club matches... at that particular moment. Haven’t been back in 17 years.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List