Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullseye anyone?

Bullseye anyone?

NRA calls it (bullseye) Precision Pistol and at a Sectional Champ one will often see International Standard Pistol, Int.Free Pistol and Int.Air Pistol events.
    Shooting all events is a full day of shooting.
    90 rounds of 22 with a Dot Gun, 60 and 60 of 22 with a iron guns and 60 more 177 pellets with irons. All shot SHO.
    It was a good day!
    Name:  Precision Pistol.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  Free and Standard.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  Air.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  100.5 KB
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Congratulations. Its a dying art Im afraid. What a shame as its an excellent sport.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Congratulations. Its a dying art Im afraid. What a shame as its an excellent sport.
    Indeed, Id like to try it.

After watching some old hands shooting one handed and doing phenomenal work, I started doing most practice one handed, including the 300 yard plate.

Im certain Id not be in any danger of displacing any top shooters, but it would be fun to shoot it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    While we had a full relay of 20 shooters we only had the ONE relay. Things have changed over the years I've been playing.
    It is as you said "an excellent sport"

Congrats! One of my favorite games.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    We used to have a Monday night Bullseye league at the Sportsman’s Club.

NRA National Gallery Course at 50 feet on B-2 slow fire and B-3 timed & rapid fire targets. Usually had 15-20 shooters.

I used a High Standard Supermatic Citation with a 7-1/2 inch barrel. Grips by Randall Fung. Used Federal Gold Medal match ammo most often although that gun would group tight with anything.

I started pistol competition shooting Hardball back in high school but transitioned to PPC pretty quickly - I think I only shot Bullseye for one or two seasons. I could see getting back into it, but I’m not sure my eyes will cooperate. That’s a great accomplishment!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Indeed, Id like to try it.

After watching some old hands shooting one handed and doing phenomenal work, I started doing most practice one handed, including the 300 yard plate.

Im certain Id not be in any danger of displacing any top shooters, but it would be fun to shoot it.
    What is holding you back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    We used to have a Monday night Bullseye league at the Sportsman’s Club.

NRA National Gallery Course at 50 feet on B-2 slow fire and B-3 timed & rapid fire targets. Usually had 15-20 shooters.

I used a High Standard Supermatic Citation with a 7-1/2 inch barrel. Grips by Randall Fung. Used Federal Gold Medal match ammo most often although that gun would group tight with anything.
    Wow! Thats cool, I have a couple sets of Fung Grips!

Site Supporter
    I have always preferred action shooting sports (IPSC/USPSA and IDPA) but every year around Halloween the local clubs should stop outdoor matches for the winter (I’m in Wisconsin) and my focus would shift to small bore bullseye pistol and our Winter League on Monday nights (although they shot on Monday nights all year long, the Winter League was more formal and even involved little trophy’s at the end)

User Tag List