Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to give a little to the NRA via Amazon

How to give a little to the NRA via Amazon

Here's how you can get Amazon to donate to the NRA on your behalf. All you have to do is go through their Amazon Smile program and select the NRA Foundation.

Copied from this NRA BLOG POST

Support The NRA Foundation and our Second Amendment rights every time you shop on Amazon

Fairfax, Virginia - The NRA Foundation, America's leading charitable organization in support of the shooting sports, is now a part of AmazonSmile.

What's AmazonSmile? It's a philanthropy program that contributes a portion of your Amazon.com purchase to a charity of your choice. And there's no additional cost passed on to you. Amazon takes the donation out of their end and will continue to offer its vast selection of products at the same low prices you've come to expect.

Nearly one million charities are featured on AmazonSmile, but with the addition of The NRA Foundation, there's no better organization to support firearm-related public interest activities that promote fun and safety and encourage the next generation of firearms enthusiasts.

If you already have an Amazon account you can add AmazonSmile right on top. No new registration required! To add The NRA Foundation as your charity, sign in at https://smile.amazon.com/

Once logged in:

Click on Your Account to the right of the search bar.
    Under Settings category: Select Change Your Charity
    Search for “The NRA Foundation, Inc.”
    Click Select next to The NRA Foundation, Inc.
    Then continue shopping as usual.

Contributions are submitted back to the Foundation through quarterly payments to the Foundation general contribution fund. Any donations to the Foundation prior to August 21, 2014 will be consolidated into our next quarterly payment from AmazonSmile.
    #RESIST

Thanks, just adapted my settings

Good call - I just did the same.

I've had mine pointed at the Second Amendment Foundation.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

How does the NRA "Foundation" differ from the NRA or NRA-ILA?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I gave them $500 in 2012 and they've bombarded me with incessant scripted calls for more money even after I've repeatedly asked them to stop calling me.

Ugh. So freaking annoying. They drove me away from donating more, despite the work they've done.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

No wonder I couldn't set it up, I kept trying to get there from my regular account page, not going to Smile.amazon.com.

Other options:
    Nra Special Contribution Fund Nra Whittington Center
    NRA Special Contribution Fund provides education and training in firearms safety, marksmanship, and wildlife conservation. The Whittington Center was built near Raton, New Mexico to expand educational, recreational, and shooting activities. The Whittington Center is open to all members of the public.
    NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
    The NRA Board of Directors established the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund in 1978 to become involved in court cases establishing legal precedents in favor of gun owners. To accomplish this, the Fund provides legal and financial assistance to selected individuals and organizations defending the right to keep and bear arms. In addition, the Fund sponsors legal research and education on a wide variety…
    Nra Freedom Action Foundation
    To educate Americans with respect to their individual rights as citizens, with particular emphasis on the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and engage in nonpartisan voter registration.
    Hadn't even heard of that one...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I think the NRA Foundation is just different enough so as to be able to be organized as a charity vs. political lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I gave them $500 in 2012 and they've bombarded me with incessant scripted calls for more money even after I've repeatedly asked them to stop calling me.

Ugh. So freaking annoying. They drove me away from donating more, despite the work they've done.
    That is really annoying... just like it is when the NRA does it (although I'd say "occasional" versus "incessant", for sure).

Not directed at TGS's comments, but I was just throwing it out as another option. I have no dislike of the NRA at all - I've actually changed my smile donation around a couple times, including the NRA. I wonder if there's one organization or another that's most deserving of some Amazon Smile love?

Still waiting on Rampage for the Cure to get on the Smile list
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Mine is pointed at SAF as well. NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF aren't 501c3 so Amazon doesn't get the tax break, which is why they aren't allowed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So I finally went to Amazon Smile and pointed it at SAF.

If I go to smile.amazon and then click through to Amazon from P-F, does LL have to arm wrestle the SAF guys for the pennies that result, do they both get paid, or does the money just go to whichever one I did last before placing the order?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Buy as little from Amazon as is realistically possible; become a site supporter here; become an SAF member; go back to drinking small batch bourbon and talking shit about the 1911. Problem solved.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List