Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volund Gearworks vs Wilderness Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    Anybody having problems with the way the Atlas belt snugs down (the hook then pull tighter method I guess you could say) and putting an appendix holster on, specifically with a fixed belt loop?
    I love my G-hook'd Volund Atlas. The Shaggy fits the Atlas well; some people complain that the the Shaggy's loop is too thick. The Keeper belt loop is thinner, made for the Wilderness belt, he says, and the Atlas' loops make it a bit too snug; you've got to really reef on it to get it through; it still works fine, once you've pulled it through. There's no way of making everyone happy.

Anybody run a JMCK Fixed Split belt loop with a Atlas belt?

Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    Anybody run a JMCK Fixed Split belt loop with a Atlas belt?

Thoughts?
    That's the combo I run daily. Work's great.

Wilderness has the exact right balance of stiffness for me. I do wish they'd offer some sort of QD buckle, but buying the Ti buckle version at least solved the issue I had with the weight of the original buckle.

Most of these people chasing around after stiffer and stiffer belts are missing the fine points. What the Wilderness does so right is make the belt very stiff in the vertical, and still maintain flexibility around your waist.

Also, the fact that the belt doesn't overlap itself at or under the buckle is huge for me.

I almost paid someone to deconstruct a Wilderness and install a cobra buckle for me, that's how much I otherwise love the design n

Volund Atlas G-Hook ordered last night....

Wilderness fan.

I bought my first Wilderness belt back in 1999 and wore it daily .

I had to replace it 2012 because I was getting Fat! The 5 stitch Belt WITHOUT INSERT is still the same stiffness . The only thing? and its minor! the hook patch at the tab was starting to unravel after 13years.. easy fix go to shoe store and have them re sew it or send it to Wilderness.
    BTW
    I found there is no need for a plastic insert if carrying 2mags and a steel framed pistol IWB or OWB.

You won't be disappointed with the Volund Atlas G-hook. I ordered one not long ago as my first nylon gear belt and I really love it. Its got the right stiffness and is super low-profile and looks cool to boot. Not sure I will ever go back to buckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    You won't be disappointed with the Volund Atlas G-hook. I ordered one not long ago as my first nylon gear belt and I really love it. Its got the right stiffness and is super low-profile and looks cool to boot. Not sure I will ever go back to buckles.
    I am very excited to get the belt.

I have been wanting to try one for a while after hearing all the good reviews on here.

It says it has shipped so just waiting for it to arrive...

I much prefer the Wilderness. The buckle is much easier to use than the G-hook. The Volund material has more of a cardboard feel. Feels like multiple layers stitched together. Wilderness feels like one solid piece, smooth material.

The Atlas is more stiff than the Wilderness 5 stitch. Never tried the Wilderness with polymer insert.

The only Wilderness I have run is the one with the CSM insert so I prefer that higher level of stiffness.

User Tag List