Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 with Sig brace

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Hm. Disappointed to hear about the trigger. Blowback guns...recoil I guess is inherent to the design and it can't be worse (or even as bad) as a Sterling but yeah, I could see that. They look fun from a distance but I'm not sure how fun. No sear worries up here, but overall may or may not be worth the money to me.

I can't get into paying the $2500 CAD an MPX commands, or a B&T TP9.

Now I'm more tempted to get a Vz.61 Skorpion. They're making them in .22 now, which might be stupidly fun.
    Not to be a bigger downer, but with a can on the end the recoil is annoying. I can do faster shots on target with by AR SBR than the Evo. Plus it is kinda chunky for a PDW. I use a 5.11 Moab to tote it around it fills up the bag fully.

Name:  IMG_2783.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  88.2 KB

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That's not being a downer, that's being helpful. That pic says something...something about a LAW folder and a 10.5.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Plus it is kinda chunky for a PDW. I use a 5.11 Moab to tote it around it fills up the bag fully.
    And the original Skorpion was so... petite!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    And the original Skorpion was so... petite!
    Yeah but then it ate all that polymer and got YUGE. The Evo 3 weighs about 6.1 lbs. The MP5-A3 weighs 6.3 lbs. Which one has more sexy?
    Last edited by Paul D; 04-10-2017 at 12:07 AM.

I've enjoyed shooting my evo so far. I do have aftermarket trigger and springs, mag release and right side safety lever. I am running a H1 with factory low mount puts the dot slightly above the sights, pretty much cowitness sight picture.
    My Scorpion so far has been accurate, I have destroyed 1" square targets at 15-20 yards, have hit out to 200 yards on steel and hammered 100yd steel man sized targets.

I do shoot my own reloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Just an update: I have had the hardest time keeping the my Scorpion accurate while suppressed. When not suppressed, it is accurate. When I put on my AAC Ti-Rant, it goes crazy inaccurate after about 10-15 rounds. I installed the fixed barrel spacer and tried 2 different threat adapters. With the different adapter sans can, it was a laser. I concluded that it was the can. The titanium in the can turned the end of the barrel into a wet noodle when it got hot. Maybe I need a steel can; maybe it wasn't meant to be.

I use to clean house in Call of Duty multi-player with the Skorpion........
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I use to clean house in Call of Duty multi-player with the Skorpion........
    Ha! At least the Scorpion is awesome in an alternate universe.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Okay these things are POINTLESS.

But OH MAN IS IT FUN! If they could have made it work in 9mm I think it would be a must-have.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Okay these things are POINTLESS.

But OH MAN IS IT FUN! If they could have made it work in 9mm I think it would be a must-have.
    Did the .380 ones work?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List